New 2014 Mazda6 Owner!

cmfireman

:
2014 Mazda 6 Sport
Hi all. I just picked up a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport in Soul Red Mica with sand cloth and a 6 speed manual.

I've only had it two days but am very impressed. This is my first Mazda purchase and my first new car. I was driving a 1996 Civic EX 5spd that got around 36 mpg on my 60 mile commute (still going strong at 230k). I drove the 6 in today and averaged 37.8 mpg. That is unbelievable for a car this size.

I'm planning to do some simple mods in the future like better speakers, blacked out emblems and tint, LED lighting, wheels and possible Katskinz leather. I'll try to keep it updated and look at others projects for ideas.

This forum was a great resource on deciding to make my purchase. Thanks to all who posted about the 6 and lead me to a great car.

1365579574.jpg

Beautiful car. I own a red truck so my wife and I bought the Reflex Blue GT. Love it. I live in southwest Louisiana and have a running spreadsheet for my fuel mileage. Tk. 1 = 31.69, Tk. 2 = 32.86, Avg. = 32.29. This tank is running high 33 to low 34 mpg. I have about 1200 miles on it. My local driving is about 4 miles one way, not a good warm up distance. It is my 1st Mazda also. I'll hopefully be adding some extra sound deadening in a few weeks. The Bose in this car is nice.

Nice color!!! I really considered getting the soul red as it looks incredible but in the end went with pearl white. Enjoy it, you're going to love driving it.

Not to be redundant, but jeez, that's a great-looking car, and a nice color choice.

How about some more pics of the inside?

I'm working a ton right now, but as soon as the pollen slows down and I can get it cleaned up I'll post some proper pics.

Beautiful 6. I loved driving the 6 speed manual, and will most likely be my next vehicle(most likely the diesel version, but we shall see).

Finally got around to installing the splash guards and getting rid of the pollen. Here are a few better pics.

Also, I filled her up for the first time Saturday morning. 36.8 miles to a gallon and 500 miles on the first tank! I can't hardly believe it. I was driving pretty easy and skipping shifts, so I'm gonna drive somewhat aggresively for the next tank and see how much driving style affects mileage on this particular engine.

Debadged the trunk today and hopefully can get 35% tint in the next two weeks.

Cool... Any better pic of the splash guards? I'm thinking of getting some but wanted to see what it actually look like on a car before I go down that road.

Cool... Any better pic of the splash guards? I'm thinking of getting some but wanted to see what it actually look like on a car before I go down that road.

I'll try and get you a pic tomorrow. Honestly, they are very small. I wish they covered a little more area as I live on a gravel road and need all the protection I can get. I couldn't believe they were around $100 for the material you get. I paid that for a set of OEM Dodge splash guards that were four times the size!

Boy, that's a great looking car. The cloth apholstery looks excellent. This was a topic of discussion recently on another forum - Mazda has greatly improved both the leather (especially the leather) and cloth (and now leatherette?) upholstery in the MZ6.

The splash guards looks good. Small, but a nice, subtle aesthetic upgrade.

I got the same car! I love the manual in it. It's so smooth and I get better mpg than I thought. This is an upgrade from my 2010 mazda 3 2.5L sport. Very good choice on color an manual...great minds think alike!!!

I am considering getting a Sport Manual, but they only have one with Sand Cloth. Why did you go with the Sand and not Black? Does it get dirty easily?

That is all they had in the cloth. I could upgrade to aftermarket leather but it was an extra $1,100 and I live in Phoenix, az and it would burn me. I may get leather later but the cloth seems to be holding well with boxes and people in my car. It's been two weeks and maybe the op has more info

I went with the sand because I like a lighter interior and I live on a dusty gravel road so the silver dust flecks stick in the black cloth and it never looks clean. It does look like it would stain easily, but normally I drive the car alone and don't really eat when I drive and only drink water, so I'm not too worried about it. I have thought about upgrading to tan Katskinz if the sand cloth ever starts to look bad.

Back