Need Wiring Help with reverse camera (2016 CX-5)

Hi all,
I have a mazda cx5 2016. I purchased a backup camera kit from Amazon, and to no surprise it was missing wiring instructions. Here is a pic of the kit:
backupcamkit.webp

I expect the blue wire near the camera should go to a reverse light for reverse signal
backupcamkitBlue1.webp

and assume the red wire from the adapter wiring harness
backupcamkitRedHarness.webp
should go to a revers connection at the radio (but am not sure where).

The blue and black/red connectors from the black box I assume are for power but have no idea where they should be connected.
backupcamkitBlue2RedBlack.webp

Can anyone help?

Attachments

• backupcamkitBlue1.webp
    backupcamkitBlue1.webp
    2.4 KB · Views: 9
Instructions seem to be shown in your pic. Contact Amazon and request a replacement - hopefully that will have them included.

It might have a better picture than the original, from the specs. Have you looked at the back of your unit to see if the plug even fits? I seem to remember reading here that the OEM cameras are 6v. I don't know if that is a problem or not.
They don't seem to have much help on the amazn site, no reviews or comments.
Are you replacing an existing camera or adding on?
I added a camera (from Amazon) but as I had no flat panel infortainment I had to add the screen as well. I remember reading other posts on this web site about cameras.

I haven’t opened up the dash yet, but I remember the connectors from doing my CarPlay upgrade. They should match, and I’ve compared to what’s online although I can’t find a solid pinout chart. I’m adding the camera not just replacing.

Hi all,
I have a mazda cx5 2016. I purchased a backup camera kit from Amazon, and to no surprise it was missing wiring instructions. Here is a pic of the kit:
View attachment 332019

I expect the blue wire near the camera should go to a reverse light for reverse signalView attachment 332020 ,

and assume the red wire from the adapter wiring harness View attachment 332022should go to a revers connection at the radio (but am not sure where).

The blue and black/red connectors from the black box I assume are for power but have no idea where they should be connected. View attachment 332023

Can anyone help?
In my opinion, after reading the specs and how the manufacturer seems to play it's usefulness up with all the useless specs, I'd return it. 180 degrees of view makes me wonder exactly where the focus of center is. It may be compatible with your car (and many others) but the installation might be a real issue. I suppose that's why you would have a professional install it. If so, I can imagine your bill: #70.00 for the camera, $200.00 for the installation. I couldn't help but notice a 1 Star review with 0 positive reviews when looking at the buying options. Run, run really fast.

It would seem the black box is a 12V power rectifier, but where do the leads attach? The blue one may go to the "Back" signal from a cable at some spot behind the head unit to provide signal that the car has gone in reverse, but I have no idea about the black/red wires. See competitor product below, along with their wiring diagram that also does not show the rectifier or its connections:

Attachments

• 12VPowerRectifier.webp
    12VPowerRectifier.webp
    24 KB · Views: 7
  • Alternate Wiring Diagram.webp
    Alternate Wiring Diagram.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 6
Honestly, if the kit is "Plug and Play" it would indicate so. If you can't make sense of the installation wiring without guessing, probably no one can. If you go this route, Tylenol is on sale at Walmart right now.

Honestly, if the kit is "Plug and Play" it would indicate so. If you can't make sense of the installation wiring without guessing, probably no one can. If you go this route, Tylenol is on sale at Walmart right now.
Vendor has sent a couple more photos:

Attachments

• IMG_0467.webp
    IMG_0467.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0466.webp
    IMG_0466.webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 8
OK, the black (lapping?) wire should go to a ground point on your car. The red wire needs to be connected to an "accessory" 12V supply - i.e. one that is powered when the car's ignition is ON. I suggest you find a suitable fuse location and use a fuse tap (AKA "Add-a-fuse") for this.

If you don't understand the above, or it is too much for you, then got to a car audio installer and have them do it.

I think this will work! Let me know if anyone sees something wrong.

Thank you for all of your help!

Attachments

• Final Wiring for backup camera.webp
    Final Wiring for backup camera.webp
    45.4 KB · Views: 5
Back