Need to get the Dullness back to Shinyness??

rapter

Contributor
:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 Grand touring
Hey ok so FINALLY! My mazdaspeed 6 will be my project car.
Sitting in my garage!

First thing I did was remove the nasty 3M tape off the fog lights cause it was melted.
Next I started to peel off the 3M tape off the Hood of the car.
and some sticky glue residue was left behind on the one corner.
So i used a small amount of Laquer Thinner to reomve it.
and it did the job, but now its a bit dull , i am wondering How i can bring the shine back in. I probably used too much and got into the Clear coat. any help would be great! I ll try and post a picture tomorrow.
Shoudl i use wax with a buffer or more a Car Polish with a Fibre buffer pad???

any help would be awesome, and in the mean time any other ideas of where i can start modding... thanks

I personally like Mothers Carbanuba wax. They used to sell a three step, cleaner/polisher/glazer, but I don't know if they still do. However, I try and wax my cars twice a year using Mothers Cleanerwax. It seems to do ok. I have an Orbital polisher that I use to apply and remove the wax and it applies the wax more evenly than with my and faster too. It also removes the wax after it dries. Some polishers have variable speeds for application, removal and polishing.

Becareful around plastic molding and or bumpers as not all waxes will come off if any gets on it. also, don't use the buffer with compounding the paint to get out scratches unless you know what your doing. holding the buffer in one place while compounding for to long can take the paint right off your car.

For the price of getting started, look at taking somewhere to get it done first unless your willing to make a commitment of doing yourself a couple of times of year.

getting it done or doing it relatively well will protect and extend the life of your paint.

Back