Need oil filter housing help plz...

I'm finally getting around to changing out my 2.3 housing and putting in the 2.0 housing. On the housing, there is a wired plug (I'm guessing it's the oil pressure sensor) but I can't figure out how it disconnects. I've tried pushing down on anything that looks like a lever and pulling but I've gotten no where with it. Anyone know how these come out? I was thinking, afterward, that there may be something that pulls out on it but I didn't want to break it. Here's the best picture I have at this time.

connector-2.jpg

From the picture, if you look at the wire end of the plug, you can see green in the small holes. It almost looks like you would slide the green tab looking thingy away from the housing towards the wires. Looks like it slides in and locks the plug into place.

From the picture, if you look at the wire end of the plug, you can see green in the small holes. It almost looks like you would slide the green tab looking thingy away from the housing towards the wires. Looks like it slides in and locks the plug into place.

I'm going to try. Like I said, may need to pull something just didn't want to break anything. Since 99% of the connectors are push lever and pull type, I thought I'd ask. If all else fails, I'll leave it in and remove the whole sensor housing.

Just outta curiousity, what part of South Caroina are you in? I live in Rock Hill...

North Augusta. About 2 hours away. Almost took a job selling cars at Burns Chevrolet there in Rock Hill out of college. Ended up accepting a job with Ryan's and been there since for the past 18 years.

Back