Need help with front sway bar bushing (2015 Mazda6)

Ty07allstar

:
03 Protege ES
I have looked everywhere and cannot find any how to’s on replacing the front sway bar bushings on a 2015 Mazda6. Does anybody have a link or can give me some tips on replacing them? The space seems very tight to get to the top bolts. Thanks!

If it's anything like the 3, and I'm guessing it is, they're buried in there pretty good. The actual replacement of the bushings themselves is trivial. It's the getting to them that's the challenge. Just got to keep pulling it apart until you can access them.

I have looked everywhere and cannot find any how to’s on replacing the front sway bar bushings on a 2015 Mazda6. Does anybody have a link or can give me some tips on replacing them? The space seems very tight to get to the top bolts. Thanks!

Loosening the front sub-frame mounts and dropping the rear mounts will probably give you enough room to lower the rear of the subframe and undo the sway bar brackets and slide the bar out the end.​

Mazda 6 Service Manual: Front crossmember removal/installation​

Mazda 6 Service Manual / Suspension / Front suspension / Front crossmember removal/installation

1. Remove the under cover.

2. Remove the splash shield.

3. Remove the front auto leveling sensor. (See FRONT AUTO LEVELING SENSOR REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)

4. Remove the transverse member. (See TRANSVERSE MEMBER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)

5. Remove the steering gear and linkage, and pipe assembly installation bolts from the front crossmember, then suspend the steering gear and linkage with a cable.

Tightening torque

Steering gear and linkage: 74.4-104.8 N·m {7.857-10.68 kgf·m, 54.88-77.29 ft·lbf}

Pipe assembly: 7.8-10.8 N·m {79.6-110.0 kgf·cm, 69.1-95.5 in·lbf}

6. Remove in the order indicated in the table.

7. Install in the reverse order of removal.

8. Adjust the headlight zeroset. (See HEADLIGHT ZEROSET.)

9. Inspect the front wheel alignment. (See FRONT WHEEL ALIGNMENT.)

pages768.gif

pages823.jpg

Mazda 6 Service Manual: Front stabilizer removal/installation​

Mazda 6 Service Manual / Suspension / Front suspension / Front stabilizer removal/installation

1. Remove the front crossmember component. (See FRONT CROSSMEMBER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)

2. Remove in the order indicated in the table.

3. Install in the reverse order of removal.

4. Adjust the headlight zeroset. (See HEADLIGHT ZEROSET.)

5. Inspect the front wheel alignment. (See FRONT WHEEL ALIGNMENT.)

pages765.gif

pages822.jpg

Stabilizer Bracket Installation Note

1. Apply rubber grease to the inside surface of the stabilizer bushing.

2. Align the bushing with the inside of positioning plate on the stabilizer bar.

3. Install the stabilizer bracket.

pages766.gif

Last edited:
Back