Need help with 2016 CX-5 Grand Touring subwoofer install

I'm stuck trying to tap into the right wires for my RCAs into the line output converter (Loc80). Dual12" woofers and amp installed. Power is everywhere and clean. I think I'm trying to tap into the wrong wires. I first tried under the passenger side kick panel next to glove compartment in the tuner amp. May have been I'm the wrong wires and I tried multiple different wiring diagrams. I was just told to hook into the Bose amp under passenger seat. I found another diagram to try out but I'm stuck.
Does anyone know the proper tap-in wires?? I'm tired of this as it's been a lot of time now. Thanks for any kind of help. Much appreciated

Since you have a Bose, use a PAC AOEM-MAZ2 *before* the Bose amp, except don't use the included LOC. Just tap into the gray, white, purple, and green wires on the PAC harness and solder some RCA jacks to them.

In the Bose stereo, the output of the head unit isn't a speaker level output, it's actually line level. It's the exact same signal as an RCA, just in a different format. Therefore, you don't need any kind of LOC. You'd be taking a low level signal and making it even lower.

Upvote 0
So do I need to use that harness with the red plug starting behind the head unit? It's just a lot of confusion. I tried to get a plug-n-play harness but I was told it will not work with my 2016 Bose. I've had people trying to sell me DSP and other bologna. I'm not trying to add a bunch of other stuff. So I don't need a LOC at all. I spoke to an installer who said you should still use the converter but he doesn't know much about mazda. He said after amp maybe since you're not getting power from a low signal. The link you showed me says it won't work with Bose. I've seen another person say it will work with certain models. Thanks for your time. Not sure if I should just use my basic converter or get the new one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So long as you have the "old style" harness, which I'm almost positive that the 16's still do, that harness will work. They reason that PAC says it doesn't work with the Bose is because you do have to slightly modify it, doing away with the included blue LOC box and directly adding RCA's. Once you make that simple modification though, yes it will work.

Just make sure that the harness that plugs into your head unit looks like this.

Attachments

• 61NFGGKcxiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    61NFGGKcxiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 200
Upvote 0
Oh, and DSP is anything but "balogna". A good DSP that is properly tuned can make an astounding difference.
Right. I've done a little research and I would like the idea if I were creating a whole entertainment system. I just don't like he was trying to sell me on another 500$ into it as I've already spent way more than I thought.

Upvote 0
I just ordered that harness. Too bad you can't show me what it would look like exactly to solder these jacks. I'll get it. Much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Upvote 0
Ask and ye shall receive!
This is an extra harness I had in my hoard.

You take the RCA's that would normally plug into the back of the blue box, and splice them in front of the box, abandoning it.

Attachments

• where to move RCAs.jpg
    where to move RCAs.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 300
Upvote 0
Awesome thanks. So You can put Gray and white and purple and green does it matter which is which or just try and stay consistent with positive and negative making these RCA terminals? Also what to do with that Blue power? Where exactly I guess? Does this mean that my amp light will always stay on after its done? Or do I need to get a remote switch for that as well? I'd like to make sure everything stock stays the same so I'm not into just cutting stuff up. Clean as possible. Thanks in advance you've already learned me a lot.

Upvote 0
Gray gray/black (right front), white white/black (left front), purple purple/black (right rear), green green/black (left rear).

Solid color is positive (red or white on RCA), black stripe is negative (black RCA wire).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For the blue turn on lead, just tap into the red wire on the harness at the back of the radio. That way the amp will turn on and off with the car.

Upvote 0
So I'm not trying to get too far ahead of myself but...the only other thing I want to get is Skar tweeters eventually. I almost bought some right now but i just want to get my ride cleaned up first. Now would I have to replace two stock speakers for this? Like I said I'd like to keep original system in-tact for certain. It'd be great if I could just tap those in on top of everything else. I've already started to wood work a little custom fab.

Upvote 0
So long as you have the "old style" harness, which I'm almost positive that the 16's still do, that harness will work. They reason that PAC says it doesn't work with the Bose is because you do have to slightly modify it, doing away with the included blue LOC box and directly adding RCA's. Once you make that simple modification though, yes it will work.

Just make sure that the harness that plugs into your head unit looks like this.
So this new PAC does not fit. I have another try for today but from what I've read, this guy did testing but it was for the 6. Not sure if it's the same but I'll look into it I guess. I'd like to not have to try and tap into anymore unless it's a for sure thing cuz i feel like some may be cut through. Why does this have to be so difficult for this year? Any suggestions let me know. The installation shop wants to to charge me 105$ to look at it and I'm not down for that. Everything is run fine. I just need this problem fixed. Any suggestions I'm open. Thanks

Upvote 0
Oh man, that sucks.

Get with Crutchfield. They will absolutely get you the correct parts you need, no doubt.

Upvote 0
Appreciate the help. I learned a lot just reading all this ridiculousness. I did talk to Crutchfield and got a speaker level adapter to run to the head unit. Hopefully it works.

Upvote 0
I'm interested in doing my first car audio install on my new (to me) 2016 Mazda CX-5 non-Bose. I don't need crazy bass or volume, just clean audio with decent bass. I'm interested in installing a subwoofer but don't want to sacrifice storage or appearance so I'm thinking about installing one under the floor, inside the spare tire (keeping the tire there). I've seen some great guides on on creating a fiberglass enclosure. Want to keep the factory head unit and existing speaker wiring. vidmate instagram video download

Upvote 0
Back