Need help installing Android Audio Head Unit

cjadams51

:
Mazda, CX 9
I am trying to install an Android 4.4 Head Unit in my 2008 Mazda CX 9.

http://www.autopumpkin.com/car-dvd-...-wifi-odb2-dvr-button-light-color-adjust.html)

I had the OEM Bose double din 6 disc Head Unit, no touch screen or nav.

I am using the AXXESS MZTO-01 harness so I can retain BOSE.

So far I have gotten most everything working to my liking. Wired the GPS antenna in the same location as the OEM, Wired the microphone from inside the sunglasses holder, same as OEM.

The head unit works great and is really nice except I am having a very hard time wiring the Steering Wheel control. In order to do this I need to wire into the 3(I believe there are three wires for this) that go to the SWC. The head unit needs to be connected to these wires so I can map the buttons on the Steering wheel to commands on the Head Unit.

This is my first time hooking up a stereo and so far so good, except for the blasted Steering wheel control. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

The other only problem I am having is that I seem to have lost the ability to fade. The balance is functioning properly, just fade is not functioning. This is not a big deal, unless anyone has any ideas, but Steering Wheel control is a must.

Thanks

Hi cjadams51

just have a question for you and nothing to do with your above request. I am also trying to installing Pioneer AVH-4000NEX. I am actullay using RP4-MZ11 instead to keep my SWC and Bose audio system for my Mazda CX-9 2007. Would you possibaly have a wiring diagram for the your audio harness? Becuase my stereo would come on but no sound. I did make sure that the amplifier is getting the power but still no luck. Do you think you could maybe give me some kind of an idea of what could possibaly be happening.
Thank u.

Back