Need help. Boost issues.

BoOsTiN

Hey all,
Yesterday I discovered I have no boost at all. Nothing. Can not even hear the turbo spooling anymore. Boost gauge shows vacuum but will not make even 1psi. I took a quick look before work. All clamps /hoses/lines are intact. Could not find anything that might be leaking/not connected.
Could this be my wastegate stuck open? Actuator? Any other possibilities or tests?
TIA,

if you aren't experiencing any other issues (burning oil, etc) I'd say its the wastegate/actuator. could be as simple as losing the vac line to it....

Nothing out of the ordinary. Took another look at it today and everything appears find. I did push the actuator rod to see if it moves and it does. Took vacuum line off and was able to blow right through it with little resistance. I thought i read that was a sign me a bad actuator? Now here's the strange part. After tinkering with it today, my boost came back! Still does not feel quite right. I think i builds boost a bit slower but not by much.

yeah change the actuator man, it's a good "upgrade" anyways. I still gotta do mine.

Pretty sure that is your problem.

Back