Need Advice, FAST!

I know you probably don't want to hear this, but I would walk away and find another dealer who is willing to work for you and will appreciate your business. The one you're with now knows that you desperately want this car, and they're taking advantage of you because of your age (I'm assuming from your previous posts that you're young). Inventories are picking up, and I'm sure there are other dealers in your area (or even outside of your area) who would love your business and offer you TRUE customer service. I purchased my last car (before my CX-5) over the Internet from a dealer 200 miles away, who delivered the car to my home with no fuss, so that's also an option. In any case, it sounds like this dealer thinks he is doing you a great favor by selling you this car. Get in the mindset that YOU are doing HIM a favor by giving him your hard-earned money for a product that you don't have to buy from him. You deserve a dealer that is going to give you TRUE customer service!

Last edited:
They are unwilling to take any money off...thoughts

Leave this dealer, go to someone else. 500 miles is no small trip who knows what type of abuse the driver put on that thing. As I said before I don't trust any of those guys who work at dealerships (unless family or close friend of course). Go to someone else.

personally, if that happened to me where i had a car ordered, they screwed it up, and they try to play hardball with a pre-driven car at 500 miles (and had no other choice in that type of car),

1: i would continually hammer down reminding them on it. plus, hammer down on the depreciation of cars once they are driven off the dealer lot. if i was motivated in getting it, i'd get into the financial numbers of loss and depreciation. ask them if they truly realise how much this affects the value of the car and how you may consider it being close to used car value. persist but find points of argument of dissatisfaction and how you're taking a hit on it unvoluntarily. or

2: find another dealer who could take care of you. optionally tell the original dealer how they missed out on your business and if a done deal elsewhere thank them for not being like that one.

Update! Well I went Saturday with my father and we both text drive the car and looked it over top to bottom side to side and it looks great. It came in with 467 miles total. They did not offer to give me any money off...HOWEVER they are giving me the remote starter and tow for free. Also they agreed to give me another $500 towards my trade. I haven't signed anything yet. I asked them if I could sleep on it over the rest of the weekend. I will make a decison tomorrow.

Also, as a thought, if you decide to take the car (which I think you should..) ask for a year or two of free maintenance.

Back