Need a VIN of a 2003 P5 2.0 w/ 5speed, ac, and sport susp. please!

gixermixer

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed, Sunlight Silver
Hello all, I am putting a p5 radiator in my car (a 2003.5 MSP) and need the VIN for the parts. The people at the Mazda dealership will not even talk to me without a VIN. So if some kind soul could PM their VIN to me that would be a great help in getting my FMIC and p5 radiator setup working. Until then, my ride will be sitting at the shop :(

I think the one I need is for a 2003 p5 2.0 with AC/MT/ and Sport Susp.

Thanks in advance.
G~

I bet JONBOY could hook you up, he works in parts and all. Shoot him a PM maybe

just go on cars.com and look up protege5, the vin is usually posted in the ad.
why do you want a p5 radiator btw? is it better than the mazdaspeeds?

<TABLE id=vehicleinfo valign="top"><THEAD><TR><TH colSpan=3>2003 Mazda Protege5

</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle width="32%" rowSpan=2>$18,995

</TD><TD align=middle width="33%">See Saved Vehicles</TD><TD align=middle width="33%">Kelley Blue Book Value </TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width="33%">Save This Vehicle</TD><TD align=middle width="33%">CARFAX Report </TD></TR><TR><TD class=specsbox align=left colSpan=3><TABLE id=specs cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=reg><TD>Mileage 9,280</TD><TD>Engine 2.0L I4</TD></TR><TR class=alt><TD>Body Style Hatchback</TD><TD>Transmission MANUAL 5SPD</TD></TR><TR class=reg><TD>Wheelbase 103"</TD><TD>Drive Train FWD</TD></TR><TR class=alt><TD>Doors 4</TD><TD>Stock # C03629A</TD></TR><TR class=reg><TD>Exterior Color Red</TD><TD>VIN JM1BJ246731133708</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

check out that price!!! (eek2)

the protege5 radiator is larger than the mazdaspeed protege radiator due to the fact that the intercooler is wedged in next to it. what FMIC are you using to replace the stock IC?

Captain KRM P5 said:
the protege5 radiator is larger than the mazdaspeed protege radiator due to the fact that the intercooler is wedged in next to it. what FMIC are you using to replace the stock IC?
The ION FMIC.

The MSP radiator is tiny to fit the SMIC

Does anyone know the difference between the radiators on the p5 w/ sport susp. and those without?

I want to be able to keep my stock fans.

Is that one posted above w/ the sport susp.?

Thanks for your help guys

"sport suspension" is just a term that mazda uses in thier computer when talking about the mp3. whenever i order parts for the protege, they ask me if its a "sport suspension" protege which I have come to find is the mp3. some parts for the protege5 come up as "protege sport suspension" probably because the two cars share some parts. all protege5s are the same in these regards and all have the same radiator. your dealer should not be making a big deal out of this, any 3rd gen protege radiator (mp3, sedan, protege5) will fit.

What idiot is trying to get that much for a used P5? I didn't pay that much for a new one with auto, 6-disc changer, ABS, Side airbags, and a power roof.. and it was new.
Dynotrick said:
<TABLE id=vehicleinfo valign="top"><THEAD><TR><TH colSpan=3>2003 Mazda Protege5

</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle width="32%" rowSpan=2>$18,995

</TD><TD align=middle width="33%">See Saved Vehicles</TD><TD align=middle width="33%">Kelley Blue Book Value </TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width="33%">Save This Vehicle</TD><TD align=middle width="33%">CARFAX Report </TD></TR><TR><TD class=specsbox align=left colSpan=3><TABLE id=specs cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=reg><TD>Mileage 9,280</TD><TD>Engine 2.0L I4</TD></TR><TR class=alt><TD>Body Style Hatchback</TD><TD>Transmission MANUAL 5SPD</TD></TR><TR class=reg><TD>Wheelbase 103"</TD><TD>Drive Train FWD</TD></TR><TR class=alt><TD>Doors 4</TD><TD>Stock # C03629A</TD></TR><TR class=reg><TD>Exterior Color Red</TD><TD>VIN JM1BJ246731133708</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

check out that price!!! (eek2)

some dealer in PA, i picked the most expensive one in 500 miles cause i thought it was funny. :)

Captain KRM P5 said:
"sport suspension" is just a term that mazda uses in thier computer when talking about the mp3. whenever i order parts for the protege, they ask me if its a "sport suspension" protege which I have come to find is the mp3. some parts for the protege5 come up as "protege sport suspension" probably because the two cars share some parts. all protege5s are the same in these regards and all have the same radiator. your dealer should not be making a big deal out of this, any 3rd gen protege radiator (mp3, sedan, protege5) will fit.

Question for ya...
wouldn't a front strut support be part of a "sport" suspension package?
My '03 p5 came with what definately apears to be a "sport" suspension package.
It's definately better than any setup in any other car Ive driven off the lot,
with the exception of the upper tier Impreza's (WRX, and RS before the WRX was available).
Now I may be wrong, and the previous owner may have made some mods in the
brief 6-7 months that they owned it, but all indications from the dealer was that
it was completely stock. Ive only had it a week, so I haven't had a chance to
do much research.

Back