NASA Great Lakes Region-Mid-Ohio August 13-15, 2010

Thanks very much Marlon! I'll just double check with Lauri when we get there. And my dad is coming, though he's just going to watch. He's still getting used to driving his 3 with the 6speed. But I was telling him all about my ride along with you and the Spicy and he would like a ride if you're available for one, but no pressure. I just want him to feel the thrill and speed I felt. Haha!

evan, i have a medium size helmet, if that'll fit you, you are more than welcome to it ... i don't care about your hair or anything, but what i used to do when i wore loaner helmets was put a bandana on my head first ... just a suggestion to all those out there since the helmets tend to get sweaty when it's uber hot and humid out ...

Thanks very much Marlon! I'll just double check with Lauri when we get there. And my dad is coming, though he's just going to watch. He's still getting used to driving his 3 with the 6speed. But I was telling him all about my ride along with you and the Spicy and he would like a ride if you're available for one, but no pressure. I just want him to feel the thrill and speed I felt. Haha!

I have no issue on giving him a ride in the car, I am suer he'll hae alot of fun. Let me know if you need anything else.

I was hoping to make it until spring before replacing my track tires, but one of them blistered pretty badly after the last Mid-Ohio event. I just had to bite the bullet and buy four new ones. (sadbanana)

Thanks Lauri and Marlon! I owe you guys some wrench labour for sure. (bowdown)

I was hoping to make it until spring before replacing my track tires, but one of them blistered pretty badly after the last Mid-Ohio event. I just had to bite the bullet and buy four new ones. (sadbanana)

I would have let you borrower the Yokohamas w/ Black RPF-1's Tom. You can try them out if you want. 235/45/17's I think that you 'll find them to be a good combo on the 8. Suspension upgrades will help out as well.

I would have let you borrower the Yokohamas w/ Black RPF-1's Tom. You can try them out if you want. 235/45/17's I think that you 'll find them to be a good combo on the 8. Suspension upgrades will help out as well.

I appreciate that, Marlon. I went wider this time with 245/40/18 Star Spec's. I'm mostly bummed because I wanted to buy them in combination with the new Enkei PF01 wheels. Unlike the RPF1's, those will actually fit over my brakes. But I really don't want to lay out the cash for those just now.

I actually have that Saturday off, I think I will do this. :)

Would anyone be willing to let me borrow their helmet for the hyperdrive event?

Thanks in advance!

Lauri, did you say that it was less than $59 for hyperdrive? b/c it's still showing that much to register, didn't know if there was a promotional code or anything like that? ...just wondering is all.

Lauri, did you say that it was less than $59 for hyperdrive? b/c it's still showing that much to register, didn't know if there was a promotional code or anything like that? ...just wondering is all.

it is still $59, Kevin, she was thinking of VIR I think. Pricing is based on the cost to rent the track, etc.

I actually have that Saturday off, I think I will do this. :)

Would anyone be willing to let me borrow their helmet for the hyperdrive event?

Thanks in advance!

We should be able to find a helmet for you. Just an FYI, I will be at Mid-Ohio on Friday during the test and tune..if you'd like, come on out and I will take you out on track with me...

I drive the Red RX8 in Time Trials. Tom and Marlon mentioned several of you will be there for your first time. I will likely be paddocked with them. Be sure to stop by and say hello.

Doc

^^^ I certainly will, Doc. I'm a total noob to track events so I'll be around just listening and learning all day saturday. Thanks again to you track veterans for helping me along and answering all my questions. I know it's gotta be a little repetative answering the same questions over and over again, but I really appreciate it.

TREX, I forgot your name already. You have the speed6 right? I'm Evan.

I drive the Red RX8 in Time Trials. Tom and Marlon mentioned several of you will be there for your first time. I will likely be paddocked with them. Be sure to stop by and say hello.

Doc

Hello! I took some pics of you, so check out the Ohio Events Photo gallery Thread...I didn't think I knew who was in that car, so I didn't take many. I'm pretty sure now that I at least know the name or forum name of 90%+ of HPDE and TT drivers at MidOhio for NASA....

As of right now I am scheduled to work Saturday, but there is no way I am missing seeing you guys go around....I just might end up being 'sick' that day.......

Hello! I took some pics of you, so check out the Ohio Events Photo gallery Thread...I didn't think I knew who was in that car, so I didn't take many. I'm pretty sure now that I at least know the name or forum name of 90%+ of HPDE and TT drivers at MidOhio for NASA....

As of right now I am scheduled to work Saturday, but there is no way I am missing seeing you guys go around....I just might end up being 'sick' that day.......

James I hear you coughing and sneezing from here in Cleveland!!

I've even got a shiny catch can waiting for you on saturday, James... (naughty)

Maybe bring that bad-ass camera with you too?

I think what we'll have a little Hyperdrive contest for you guys. I am going to discuss my ideas with the boss and a couple of the TTguys and gals as well.

Back