MyMazda app. Find my car

:
Mazda 2016 CX-5
Just heard back from Mazda today. Their response...

Thank you for contacting Mazda Customer Experience Center.

In regards to your inquiry about why the Find My Car on the MyMazda app is not functioning correctly. After further research the this feature will be removed when the new update is done on the MyMazda app. Mazda decided to remove the feature as it was not working properly. I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

This is NOT surprising. What Mazda cant fix, they remove. Live traffic can't be fixed - so removed. Much of nicompoofs as software engineers. I am sure they oursource the intial development and then try to maintain in-house and where they fail.
If there's too much issue, they change the h.w

Car manufacturers should wise-up and ditch the gimmickry. Stick to solid reliable features and let the aftermarket provide the toys and gadgets. That worked for decades with car audio, alarms, and such. Some of it was much more elegant and functional than OEM. Not to mention it can be updated as technology evolves.

Car manufacturers should wise-up and ditch the gimmickry. Stick to solid reliable features and let the aftermarket provide the toys and gadgets. That worked for decades with car audio, alarms, and such. Some of it was much more elegant and functional than OEM. Not to mention it can be updated as technology evolves.
+1. Google is full of complaints that Mazda Mobile start also does not work many times, something to do with the servers not up/running/etc.

Back