My sub has arrived. Help me with install please?

See i always use the floor vent, because it dries my shoes/ pant legs when it's raining. plus, heat rises and i dont like the air blowing in my face. I might block that passenger side vent if i do it this way. My friend bolted his to the trunk side of his back seat, so that's also an option.

in the back i got some locking hasps and had a friend weld them to the bottom of my back to lock my box in, i can unlock them and pull it right out. i also use one lock for the ground on my cap

UPDATE: Well, i got an amp finally. The one i ordered was backordered, and never ever came in, so i gave up. My friend's friend was selling his, so i bought that one. Its in great condition too, original box, styrofoam, and everything. Now i just gotta install it. But the weather is so crappy out lately.

What are the specs on the amp you got(Total RMS Watts)? What brand and model is? And where are you putting it? Depending on where you put it and how many watts it is 8gauge wire might be to small.
Check this out:

canadiancaraudio.com/cableinfo.html

I bought an Eclipse amp, model XA1000. According to the site i just looked it up on, it's a mono amp and has an RMS of 480w at 2ohms, or 320w at 4ohms. Class D, variable bass boost.... yadda yadda yadda.

So you think 8ga isn't gonna cut it? ****. those wires were more expensive than the sub itself (sub was on sale half off lol).

Personally I wouldn't, my first car I ran in 2gauge(2 amps) and second car I ran in 4Gauge.. I rather be safe than sorry.. Call a local car audio shop around you and see. It depends on where you are putting it in your car to. If you are going to the trunk than defiantly I would use 4gauge.. Cable is cheap those places just rip you off. I work for an electronics company and 12' of 4gauge wire is like $1.. Did you buy one of those installation kits? That come with RCAs power cable, ground cable and so on? Personally I rather spend the extra $10 on the thicker cable then run into issues... Read the specs on your amp and get more info on it and check that chart I gave you.. IE how much current(AMPs) it draws..

Based on 2ohms:
You will have about a 80amp draw
8 Gauge Wire is rated for a maximum of 100amps(depends on length)

Last edited:
yeah i bought an 8ga amp installation kit with the ground and everything. i guess thats why it was more pricey. thanks for all the info though, ill have to talk to my friend thats helping me out with this, he originally suggested i get 8ga. I'll figure it out. I think the amp is going in the cabin somewhere, not exactly sure where yet though.

Sorry for the double post, but I FINALLY got this done! Me and my friend spent the better part of friday night setting everything up. i was surprised how easy the interior comes apart :D

It took forever because it was cold and wet outside, so we stayed in the car and had to lean over the seats etc. to get everything done. But it's finally done at least haha.

No problems with the 8ga wires, i've thoroughly tested it and i give my friend and all of you an A+! And extra credit for waking my sister up when i tested it at 2am lol

Back