My Rant - Kramer Mazda - Calgary

rotten42

:
2004 RX8 - GT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I had my car in today to get some things looked at.
1) Rust - There is rust in the rear drivers side wheel well. Right away the service advisor tried to deny any coverage for this stating that a rock chip started it. I have issues with that response. Its just so convenient for them. I mean really, have you ever heard of rocks getting in the wheel well? Besides, I still dont think rust should be forming on this car in 3 years. It took 8 years fro this to turn up on my crappy Neon. They took pictures and said, we'll get back to you....didn't say when. I'm not really holding my breathe either.
2) The Wheel well plastic liner has popped out for the second time. The comment from the service advisor was, hey, how did you get that to do that? (youll see this is starting to be a common response)
3) The hex nut that holds the bolts for the right side of the license plate fell off. In the morning I explained to the S.A. that I was replacing the license plate frame because it was showing wear. When I removed the bolt the hex nut fell out into the back of the bumper. Having to somehow secure the plate for the time being I but a larger longer bolt through the hole to hold it in place. It is just pressure fit for now. Fast forward to the end of the day. I am told basically that they have to take the bumper off to fix it and that I shouldnt have but that bolt in the hole because that made the nut fall off. Did I want to pay for the bumper to be pulled off to fix this? Excuse me; did you not listen to what I told you in the morning? It fell of o its own. Anyway I was running late to pick up the kids so I couldnt argue. To add insult to this, they charged me $19.90 to Re-attached license plate cover What? You charged mw $20 dollars to tell me what I already knew and to use the same over sized bolt to hold the plate on. Unbelievable!!
4) I have been getting a bad smell from my car ever since the second engine change. Yup, I said second engine change. When the car is warmed up and you have the windows down there is a smell that I can best describe as gear oil. Its bad enough that you dont want to have the windows down. So I complained about this when the engine was changed but at the time was told that maybe there is some excess oil on the engine or surrounding parts from the engine change.fair enough. Onlythe smell has never gone away. I have a bout 20,000 kms since the engine change and it is still there. The said they took it for a test drive and couldnt smell anything. I wonder if they rolled down the windows? Within 3-5 minutes of driving away from the dealership, there was that smell again. Anyway, they did a complete check for leaks and found nothing. What I found was a $200 charge on my bill for looking the car over for leaks! I flat out told them I would not pay for that.
5) So the best part is I had my car at the dealership at 7:30 and was told that it would be ready at 4:30. Fair enough. I had to pick up my kids from after school care at 5:30. I get to the dealer at 4:45. I find out that the paper work is not ready. It took the S.A 15 minutes to get the paper work done. Then another 15 minutes arguing about charges until I was too frustrated and too late picking up the kids to argue any more. Rest assured Im going to make a big stink about this one. From my first engine change I have the contact info from a guy they flew in from Toronto to approve my engine swap the first time. Im going to give him a call and start pushing buttons.
I feel like a manic depressive with this car. Its so nice looking and so fun to drive yet the quality of my car has been a complete piece of s***.

2 engines
Air bags and air bag sensors
Both seat warmers
3 sets of brake pads
Numerous flashes
Leaking injector
Climate control replacement

This list goes on and on. Im just so pissed off and at the end of my rope. Thank god I leased this car. I cant wait when tat fight comes up upon returning the car. It will be interesting what they say about the rust then.

sorry for ranting - I'll keep you posted on what happens.

sorry for ranting - I'll keep you posted.

Damn, rust on the fender in the wheel well after just 3 years. Ouch! Even if a stone did chip away the paint, the metal should still have had been treated in the fabrication process to resist the effects of rust for longer than 3 years. But then again if you drive in winter with this car, our winters are not really car friendly.

I wouldn't call it a paint chip. It loks like a 2-3" piece flaked off...I now am getting water inside one of my rear tail-lights.

The water/condensation in tail light, they have to replace under warranty, I do recall there being a TSB for that.

Paint flaking off, I'm not really sure what to say about that. Try going to another dealership.

Back