My new trunk layout

macklum

I got tired of the sound of my stereo so I decieded to make some serious changes . I gutted the old system . I replaces all the speaker wire with 16 gu for the font stage ,12 gu from the amp to the passivex overs ,12 gu to the sub , ,power,ground and RCA,s were the only thing i didnt replace . My system consistof this now Alpine 7871 , 2 Eclipse amps ,Phoenix gold EQ and Bass cube . The front stage is now DLS Ultimate UP6's and Image Dynamics IDQ10 D2 in .3 cubic feet . Here are a few pics
Head unit
Stereo008.jpg

Tweeter in the Apillar
Stereo007.jpg

Eq rack closed
Stereo004.jpg

EQ rack open
Stereo005.jpg

Amps without cover
Stereo004.jpg

SUbwoofer on right sode of the trunk
Stereo002.jpg

wow, i love the little pull out EQ you did

and that sub box looks small, doesnt take up much space, kinda stealthy, ive been lookin for some ideas for my p5 once i get around to it

I like everything except the exposed wires for the amps. You should be able to tuck those under the carpet or something.

You did a very nice job with the EQ rack, how come you can't do something similar for the amps?

wow man. that looks awesome..can you show me where you got all this stuff. i'm intersted in a setup like this.

boostdprotegelx said:
wow man. that looks awesome..can you show me where you got all this stuff. i'm intersted in a setup like this.
I did the install myself . as for speakers I got them direct from the Canadian for DLS and Image Dynamics . The rest of the equipment I already had .

macklum said:
I did the install myself . as for speakers I got them direct from the Canadian for DLS and Image Dynamics . The rest of the equipment I already had .
you put the boxes and what not together by yourself, without buying them from a company?that's sooo clean.

boostdprotegelx said:
you put the boxes and what not together by yourself, without buying them from a company?that's sooo clean.
Yes , This is the 3rd layout that i have put in the car , yes I build everthing that I need to install a system .

Demoniam said:
Very smooth with the cover on...any heat issues?
(I drove 11 hrs a couple of weekes ago with the trunk full of luggage . the amps got hot but didnt shut down . My trunks isnt usually that full . With nothing covering the amops they dont heat up at all .

that is almost identicle to what i'm doing

except i have one massive amp that i'm going to mount up where the stock sub/amp rack is and i'm going with 2 10" s... one on each side

Latest posts

Back