My new "pleasure vehicle"

Chibana

Contributor
:
2009 Mazda RX-8
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post pictures of my new RX-8, but here goes.

I'm keeping my 2005 Mazda3 4-door as my commuter car, but today I brought this beauty home to be my "pleasure vehicle:"

RX-8-1.jpg

RX-8-2.jpg

RX-8-3.jpg

RX-8-4.jpg

RX-8-5.jpg

RX-8-6.jpg

It's a Sparkling Black Mica Grand Touring. I had planned to get the R3, but the seats are just too narrow for me and my wife.

You have to make your significant other happy, as well. Actually, my wife is the primary driver of our RX-8. It was bought for her for a Christmas present. You did good.

Congrats! Yea, the Recaro seats are hot, but not made for everyday use and comfort. Most of the other R3 mods you can do yourself.

Oops. Didn't even see the "show off your RX-8" sticky at the top of this forum. Sometimes I'm totally blind.

I really like the R3, but the seats were poking me in the back of the legs pretty badly. It felt much like the seat in the racing cockpit I have at home for playing driving/racing games on my PS3. I can play for about 30 minutes without issue, and after that it hurts more, and more. It didn't make sense to buy a car that I didn't want to drive for very long. And it's not like I'm fat--I'm 6'3" and 209 lbs., and much of that "extra" weight is muscle.

I really like the R3, but the seats were poking me in the back of the legs pretty badly. It felt much like the seat in the racing cockpit I have at home for playing driving/racing games on my PS3. I can play for about 30 minutes without issue, and after that it hurts more, and more. It didn't make sense to buy a car that I didn't want to drive for very long. And it's not like I'm fat--I'm 6'3" and 209 lbs., and much of that "extra" weight is muscle.

The seats in the GT are pretty good. When I drove from central KY to VA Beach to buy my Miata, we drove the RX-8. After driving all day to get there, I felt pretty good. At first, I thought the seats were going to be a little hard on the butt; but, they seemed to soften up, after a bit. My wife really likes the seat warmers in the winter.

You definitely have excellent taste and thanks for helping keep Mazda in business in these tough times...(2thumbs)

I dig the look of the updated RX-8 more and more everytime I see one...Enjoy and keep us updated! :D

yeah, the look has definitely grown on me. originally, i felt like the new one just looked like the old one got slapped really hard across the fascia. now, i am beginning to like it.

Excellent choice, it's always a pleasure to drive honestly. Welcome to the dorito's of doom clan.:)

The mustache threw me off at first. I'm still not a huge fan of it, but it doesn't bother me much, anymore. On a black car, it's not much of an issue, and I dig the other changes to the front end.

You have to make your significant other happy, as well.
Learning more and more just how important this is. These words are wiser than wise. You can't make withdrawals unless you've made some deposits first as I like to put it.
It felt much like the seat in the racing cockpit I have at home for playing driving/racing games on my PS3.
I know that this is getting off-topic but I'm a GT5P fan and have been looking for a wheel/seat combo for a while now. Can't make up my mind. What do you have and how much did it run you?

Wish they had a GT Concept Tuned RX-8 in that game eh? I still use the stock RX8 and get blown away by my buddy who uses the Fairlady Z.

Moar pics pleaze!!!! (lick)(burnout)(burnout)
Hott ass car, great choice!

Learning more and more just how important this is. These words are wiser than wise. You can't make withdrawals unless you've made some deposits first as I like to put it.

I know that this is getting off-topic but I'm a GT5P fan and have been looking for a wheel/seat combo for a while now. Can't make up my mind. What do you have and how much did it run you?

Wish they had a GT Concept Tuned RX-8 in that game eh? I still use the stock RX8 and get blown away by my buddy who uses the Fairlady Z.

I have the Logitech G25 system, which includes the separate 6-speed shifter and full pedals, including clutch. I think it runs $300. I then got the Obutto Ozone (http://www.obutto.com) racing cockpit, which is dirt cheap compared to others, but is very solidly built. It even has the separate mounting thing for the G25 shifter (which can be mounted left- or right-handed). It was another $259. These two things make playing GT5P (or any car game) seriously fun and seriously real.

Back