My Impreza progress thread

I installed a sweet high end Ipod fm transmitter today. Also finally got my title switched over to my name, got the car registered, and put my Idaho plates back on! Not to exciting but something I needed to get done for a while. Feals good to offitially own a car again instead of making payments. Never again!

Sick! (headbang) Sounds like an awsome trade to me. AWD FTW! The trade is worth it just to get the all wheel drive. All four the floor man! lol Let me know how that go's. Would love to help ya if you do go through with the trade
his offer came in pretty low, so I passed... if he doubled his kicker I'd consider it.

I took some pics with my buddy's(obsnw) 04 WRX wagon. Enjoy!:

100_1206.jpg

100_1207.jpg

100_1208.jpg

100_1209.jpg

100_1210.jpg

Dude, I love this thread. I want to get rid of my p5 for a subie.

How many miles are on your impreza? How does it drive?
The next thing you need to do is SLAM it!

Dude, I love this thread. I want to get rid of my p5 for a subie.

How many miles are on your impreza? How does it drive?
The next thing you need to do is SLAM it!

It has about 148K miles on it. A lot of those miles were put on it from an old couple that owned it and towed it behind there motor home. It drives very well minus the suspension. The suspension and brakes need upgrading but I already have most of that covered. Just need to install some stuff.

coilovers.....slammed when you need it, raised when you take it on an adventure, best of both worlds =)

Yah, hope to get those some day. Although it is more likely that I get some adjustable struts and aftermarket springs though, more affordable.

6/08/09 UPDATE:

Been a little while since I have given you guys an update so here is go's.

First update is I got some OEM Scion wheels for the car. I have to get some machining done on them, and then get them powdercoated but here is a pic of them getting test fitted:

100_1247.jpg

I also had someone on the forum photoshop them on the car with some color options. The scale and color shades are a little off but it gives you some idea on what they will look like:

sc1.jpg

sc2.jpg

sc3.jpg

What color do you think I should go with?

Second update is I got a couple goodies from Parnoid Fabrications. A grounding kit, and some exhaust hangers. I did a pretty good job of hiding the wires for the grounding kit so they are kind of hard to see. I also cleaned out the engine bay:

100_1250.jpg

100_1251.jpg

100_1245.jpg

Hopefully the next update will be with my rear WRX wagon wing painted and installed, my doors painted and installed, and my wheels powdercoated and installed. Later, Dan

ive always felt that only certain cars can pull off gold, and ive always felt that subies have a pass on that rule, because every subaru looks good on gold wheels.

Wow! lol I guess it's unanamous on gold. lol I am still a little unsure of the gold though. A little to flashy and does not go to well with my whole blacked out theme. I think I am leaning toward doing the same theme as I did on my current wheels, black w/ red lip. We shall see I guess.

I'm gonna be different here and say red and black for the wheels. You are already doing that theme and I think it would be stupid if you changed it now to gold while you still have your black emblems and whatnot.

7/3/09 UPDATE:

First up I changed up my tail lights a little bit. The transluscent red paint I used started to fade a bit and I thought it would be nice if the bottom part was all one color, and what color would go best with my red and black theme?!... You guested it! Black! I tinted the bottom part with some spray tint. I am very pleased with how they turned out(pics dont really do them justice):

bea33a6c1cb4__1246557363000.jpg

4473f6ccfb10__1246557505000.jpg

Next up I just installed a 17mm WRX rear sway bar to replace my flimsy 13mm OEM one. To my suprise it actually helped quite a bit in decreasing the body role and ridgidity of the car. I had to do a bit of modifying to the WRX bushings though for them to fit into my OEM sway bar brackets but it all worked out. Here is the comparison, guess which one is the 13mm. lol That thing is so sad, you can practicly bend it in half with your bair hands:

4f713d7bb184__1246557456000.jpg

Those are are the new mods I have done at the moment. I did get some springs for they car, but sadly I will probably have to wait till I can get some good struts for the car before I can install them. They are Intrax lowering springs:

56aa37944690__1246557605000.jpg

I also dropped off my Scion wheels to get machined. They will be done in a week or so then it is off to the powdercoater for them. Well thats it for now foaks. I am hoping I will get the motivation to get my replacement doors painted and installed and my WRX rear wagon wing painted and installed soon, so hopefully that will be the next update. Thanks and godbless! Dan

Back