"My husband suffers from S.D.S."

If a person (man or woman, it doesn't matter) gets THAT frazzled by having the kids in the car then that person should NOT be driving! If they can't even control their kids while driving at low speeds in the parking lots how in the hell are they going to control them while out on the highway in a place where one mistake may cost someone their life?

Damn right. But then again the general population feels like it's more important to answer a text going 75 MPH down the highway than to pay attention to the road and just drive.

Common sense not so common.

Allow me to offer my condolences to you and your husband for the S.D.S.

Nice rant - and I agree. I'm a big fan of the minivan especially for a larger family and wish more people did not see them as image shattering. It is amazing how versatile the minivan is for hauling people and all their stuff. And, the minivan drives, parks and consumes gas like a larger car.

I too wish pickups were only used when necessary: pulling trailers, farm and business use.

Nice rant - and I agree. I'm a big fan of the minivan especially for a larger family and wish more people did not see them as image shattering. It is amazing how versatile the minivan is for hauling people and all their stuff. And, the minivan drives, parks and consumes gas like a larger car.

I too wish pickups were only used when necessary: pulling trailers, farm and business use.

What was funny was when I worked at an oil/gas company a few years back and all the good ol' boys from Oklahoma, and the redneck parts of Indiana were driving big ass trucks to downtown Denver to park at a parking facility 5 days a week at a downtown highrise office tower. These weren't field guys, they were business casual or in some cases business professional folks at an office 5 days a week. I suppose they possibly used the trucks outside of work for...something, but it always struck me as an oil/gas image/culture thing to have the biggest truck. They always seemed to be having a S.D.S. measuring contest.

The one guy I know who regular does stuff around his house where a truck would come in handy...doesn't have a truck LOL. And he's like the one guy I would never fault for having one. He's always hauling stuff with a trailer attached to his XTerra.

Last edited:
And you get far less for your vehicle dollars with a pickup, purchase price and operating expenses.

But it's a free country, and money doesn't just talk, it screams.

So if you got it, flaunt it.

And if you ain't got it, just try to act like it.

Guys who drive big truck that don't do construction have small hot dog size. I see most are so shiny without a dirt on the truck LOL! I drive a Tacoma since I have a jetski and frequently go to Home Depot to buy stuff for house project.

My size is just avg. LOL!!!

My household is one of those with the big truck that gets used for daily commutes. That and my cx-5, but that's only because the cx-5 can't tow 7000 lbs which I need on a fairly regular basis. I refuse to own 3 vehicles for a 2 person household - alas, truck becomes a commuter car, just not mine, I drive way to far for that!

What was funny was when I worked at an oil/gas company a few years back and all the good ol' boys from Oklahoma, and the redneck parts of Indiana were driving big ass trucks to downtown Denver to park at a parking facility 5 days a week at a downtown highrise office tower. These weren't field guys, they were business casual or in some cases business professional folks at an office 5 days a week. I suppose they possibly used the trucks outside of work for...something, but it always struck me as an oil/gas image/culture thing to have the biggest truck. They always seemed to be having a S.D.S. measuring contest.

The one guy I know who regular does stuff around his house where a truck would come in handy...doesn't have a truck LOL. And he's like the one guy I would never fault for having one. He's always hauling stuff with a trailer attached to his XTerra.

Speaking of OK, wtf happened to unobtanium?
Edit.. nvm he's active, guess I haven't been active enough myself thought peeps went missing (doh)

Last edited:
Guys who drive big truck that don't do construction have small hot dog size. I see most are so shiny without a dirt on the truck LOL! I drive a Tacoma since I have a jetski and frequently go to Home Depot to buy stuff for house project.

My size is just avg. LOL!!!

Glad we got that out of the way... (eek2)

Damn right. But then again the general population feels like it's more important to answer a text going 75 MPH down the highway than to pay attention to the road and just drive.

Common sense not so common.

No kidding. Over on the Lexus forum, a guy was vehemently defending his behavior (texting while the vehicle was in gear). Basically his reasons were that his customers expected immediate response via text and that he would lose money if he didn't text. smh

Is it bad that I*ve started to shame people for doing that? If I drive next to somebody who*s playing on their damn phone for more than a minute, I give a little honk. When they look up and over at me, I gesture to put the damn phone down. Most people comply. I can*t believe somebody hasn*t flipped the bird at me yet, but good lord, you know it isn*t right or safe to do!

No kidding. Over on the Lexus forum, a guy was vehemently defending his behavior (texting while the vehicle was in gear). Basically his reasons were that his customers expected immediate response via text and that he would lose money if he didn't text. smh

Sounds like someone who should be taking Lyft or Uber instead of driving.

He should utilize some type of speech to text app. Otherwise he'd be supporting his customers from a hospital bed.

Is it bad that I*ve started to shame people for doing that? If I drive next to somebody who*s playing on their damn phone for more than a minute, I give a little honk. When they look up and over at me, I gesture to put the damn phone down. Most people comply. I can*t believe somebody hasn*t flipped the bird at me yet, but good lord, you know it isn*t right or safe to do!

It's not bad but you could find yourself in serious trouble doing this. Lots of irrational drivers out there and some of them are armed. Just saying...

Back