My CX5 ruined my CRV joy

Apollothedog

2019 CX-5 GTR
Been driving the CX5 GTR exclusively for the last 3 weeks since the purchase. I just took my 2018 CRV EX out for a spin. What a difference. Never realized how loud the Honda is. The acceleration now seems rather tepid compared to the CX5. Not even gonna mention the difference in handling and the interior now seems rather low end. And I used to enjoy driving the CRV but that was compared to 2010 outback. Thanks Mazda for ruining my Honda experience.

Been driving the CX5 GTR exclusively for the last 3 weeks since the purchase. I just took my 2018 CRV EX out for a spin. What a difference. Never realized how loud the Honda is. The acceleration now seems rather tepid compared to the CX5. Not even gonna mention the difference in handling and the interior now seems rather low end. And I used to enjoy driving the CRV but that was compared to 2010 outback. Thanks Mazda for ruining my Honda experience.
#FirstWorldProblems
Toss in a little oil dilution and you can give yourself a good kick for buying an appliance. Hope your wife likes it 🥴

I test drove a used CR-V. Man, it was loud.

But in all fairness, another reason I purchased new was I understand that the 2018 CX-5s included a huge improvement in noise insulation.

But as you said, acceleration + handling + interior are pretty high hurdles for the competition to jump.

I've had mine for 10 months now and enjoy it as much as Day One.

I think I may have a problem, went outside and the CRV was in the driveway, My wife took the Mazda to work. Thats a first. If it continues, I'll apparently be inheriting the CRV. Damn....

Once there was fruit here
Who banged on how great was the CRV ridin'
Then he vanished for ever
On CRV forums crying about fuel fumes in his cabin

Not there yet. So far no OD issues. Hopefully it stays that way. When researching the CRV in December 2017, it wasn't publicized as a huge issue yet. Not many had reported it.

Here I sit
All broken-hearted
Paid for a Kia
And it's just go-karted

OMG @ The poetry. *Groan

Just noticed there's a typo in your "location" there, Deer.

For some crazy reason she likes the CRV better then the CX5. So it works out.

Most women like to drive "appliance" like vehicles. Not being stereotyped but that's the statistical facts. Vehicles that provide feedback and "sport-like" rides, are something most women don't like. They prefer the numb boat like feeling, or a Honda CRV driving experience.

I don't think that's the reason though. "It's appliancey". They just don't care that's it's not super fast. Or handles well. Is the cup holder in the right place?
There's absolutely a reason forums like this one are nearly 100% male. We have the occasional female come in, ask a few questions and we never see them again. Not one female regular here.
Although my wife has taste in cars, wants them fast and "handly" (new word I made up) and would never hang out here either.

Last edited:
I don't think that's the reason though. "It's appliancey". They just don't care that's it's not super fast. Or handles well. Is the cup holder in the right place?
There's absolutely a reason forums like this one are nearly 100% male. We have the occasional female come in, ask a few questions and we never see them again. Not one female regular here.
Although my wife has taste in cars, wants then fast and "handly" and would never hang out here either.

I agree with the "cup holder" thing.

But there's a reason most commercials are all "Look at what this says about you" driven. There are very few that cite comparable meaningful specifications. You could watch a commercial with the sound off and be equally correct in saying it would make a fine pitch for a model of car, a brand of beer, or a style of underwear.

We all know that Chevy/Ford/Subaru owners all have some emotional identity attached to their brand, both male and female (although the percentage is skewed more towards one). Some subset certainly have deeper technical reasons, but most do not.

After all, "Zoom Zoom" is hardly a feature.

Back