my custom body kit now modified

andy329

Hi all! Just want to share my latest project... almost 4 months of work put into the modification of my old body kit.

The differences are evident to the trained eye but to none afficionados, it just looks the same. To me of course, the difference is major... not to mention the financial bearing. lol!

Initially my flares were just stuck on with 3M double sided tape. Just in case I had to revert back to stock, it would be a breeze to do so. Feedback was pretty good and I liked it myself so I decided to get serious with it and make it permanent. This was easier said than done as it also required adding at least 3/4" wheel spacers to the front and 1" to the rear. I was fortunate as our local H&R distibutor had the fronts in stock but we needed to machine them to fit the stock studs. The rear was custom made following the H&R's design.

Now that the widened stance was achieved, we had to work on the fenders. The lips were eventually cut out since the tires would definitely be rubbing on them. The fiberglass flares, now functional are now riveted to the fenders and make the car look more solid now. Both bumpers received some minor modifications that are noticeable in the pics below. The front bumper was modified twice since the first job restricted airflow and caused the engine to overheat. I was quite happy with the final revision. The rear bumper is now of a two-piece construction and has a splitter.

Just when I thought all was done, I didn't like the treatment with the doors since the flares made the Familia look wide bodied but the stock doors and molding didn't do justice to the overall car. It would've been done then but, since we were already at it I decided to fit the doors with fiberglass cladding to complement the now wide bodied Familia. Doing so proved to be a good decision since it added more body to the car.

Graphics needed to be changed so what better way than to promote your own club... after all, Mazda wasn't paying for all my hard work anyway. :)

From the drawing board...
mr.jpg

to reality...
CIMG3711.jpg

CIMG3719.jpg

The race inspired gas filler cap...
CIMG3727.jpg

CIMG3730.jpg

Before... (thanks for the pic caloy)
742E.jpg

and after...
CIMG3712.jpg

Before...
FAAD.jpg

after...
wave_891_carshow_34.jpg

finally...
CIMG3715.jpg

CIMG3717.jpg

Thanks for looking guys!

Thanks for the praises guys. It took quite awhile to achieve the look but it proved the effort and money was well worth it.

We're all entitled to our own opinions... it's one of the few things you can get for free...

besides, doesn't the owner have the last say on one goes on or off his car.

Pluto, what wheels would you suggest? I am sponsored but I still haven't found any wheels that would compliment the body.

btw, the graphic? like i said "Graphics needed to be changed so what better way than to promote your own club"

Thanks for your comments, they all are appreciated.

pluto316 said:
Oops, not wheels, I mean wing. The wheels are alright, I suppose. But that spoiler has GOT to go.

Yah, I did consider that but without a wing the whole car would look bottom heavy. It still is the best option to have a wing but a carbon fiber aftermarket one was just not in my pocket. Sticking with what I had was the least expensive route at the time and there was just no other way to modify it anymore. The image below shows how the original wing looked like. I had the center portion of the base removed.

mazda-06_jpg.jpg
http://www.optionsunlimited.com.ph/oug/mazda/images/mazda-06_jpg.jpg

Big thanks boostisgood, LaserGtx and capnsavem. Your replies are more than a consolation to the expense and hardwork that went into producing Mr.Blue.

i think it would look better if you put some thin spoked wheels on it like enkei rpf1's or rota subzero's. i cant stand those racing harts anymore

Back