My Climate control bulbs are out...Any recommendations?

:
2010 Mazda 5
My Climate control bulbs are out. Does anyone have recommendations? Are the instant cluster and dash bulbs the same if I want to change colors? If I use LEDs can they be dimed?

(link to ebay pic)
s-l500.jpg

The HVAC controls use 2 types of "T"wist out incandescent bulbs with green silicon cover. IIRC, the bottom 2 bigger holes use replacement #74 bulbs (T5?) that can be taken out with long/narrow needle nose plyers, and the top 3 smaller holes (for the dials) are neo wedge "tall" T4s can be taken out with wide and flat (PH3?) phillips head. Note T is the base sizing but come in various lengths but I don't recall the exact size of the tall T4s (tempted to say 16mm). I wasn't able to find exact replacement bulbs b/c the OEM T4 bulbs have a tapered base that fits into the T4's tapered housing -seems like a custom fitted bulb. Closes I could find are 8640 bulbs, which are a little taller and slightly brighter but work fine at fraction of cost -it's a light bulb that disperses light... My '08 incandescent bulbs started failing last year, similar gap to your '10 failing this year. Replace ALL of them while you are in there b/c others aren't too far behind.

Attachments

• IMG_5985.jpg
    IMG_5985.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 96
Back