My carhole is now packed with Mazdas

leeharvey418

:
2019 CX-5 Signature; 2014 CX-9 Touring AWD
Yes, I said carhole. You can be all fancy with your garage... I'm perfectly content to keep my cars in a carhole.

Hi all. My name's Jason.

I've had a 2010 Mazda3 S Grand Touring that we bought new in October of 2009, and last weekend it got a big brother. We traded in our 2007 Toyota RAV4 4WD V6 on a 2014 CX-9 Touring AWD.

I've loved the 3 since the day I got it, so Mazda was already pretty high on my shopping list when the time came to replace the RAV4. We looked at the CX-5 and some competing vehicles (Cherokee, new RAV4, even a BMW X3) and the CX-5 was in the lead until The Missus decided to take a spin in the CX-9. When she realized that we could have seven seats and big-engine acceleration ability in a package that drove pretty similarly to the 3, it was game over.

I signed up here to trade experience and advice about the CX-9 (and the 3, but let's face it - there are a lot more contributors to various 3 fora than for the CX-9), and maybe make new friends who also drive Mazdas. I had done a fair amount of research on wheels and tires for the RAV4, and the CX-5 takes pretty much the same wheel and tire packages as the RAV4, so my first contribution to the fora here was actually a list of fitment options for the CX-5. Hopefully I'll learn enough about the CX-9 along the way to be able to contribute here...

Haha the Simpsons right? The cx-9 is a nice rig we looked at a bunch as well in the end cx-9 won.

Back