My car is so much better than I am... Its laughing at me.

DistantTea

:
Mazdaspeed... of DOOM!
It can smell fear... I can't wait until sunday to find out how to drive it because on the streets I do not have the courage to see how it reacts at its extremes... the extremes are just to god damn far away from sane driving to be tested without a secured test space, and the secured test space I used to use is now too small.

But its supposed to rain pretty heavily today... maybe I'll get the bugger sliding yet.

A word to any STX proteges out there... the AWR Front Adjustable End Links are worth their weight in gold. Steering response... planted turning...

I've wet my pants again.

Looks like I should check into those.... First I have to pay my dad back for my wheels and tires though :(. Can't wait to start modding. I think I took second in DS this weekend, and would have had first if I hadn't coned away the run (hit 1 cone in a slalom). I'm learning so much at each event, I love it! Rain + autox = great way to learn car control.

What's next for the STX scream pop?

~brian

Next:
Its name is getting changed to CLKWRK... getting tired of the SCRMPOP plate.
Then:
Should be getting corksport SS brake lines this week. Going to do my fluid with some fancy racing juice... maybe redline or moutul...
And then:
More tuning on that dang suspension... I threw my corner weight off in one my of retarded mods and now I feel the car bearing down on the right more than the left during hard turning. So now I have to find some schmoe with scales and I gotta do math... damn that math!

Well... anytime you change your ride height you are changing its corner ballance. When I put the coilovers on the first time I guestimated my corner weights and got it pretty much spot on, but as I made adjustments it became impossible to guestimate anymore so I now I have to weight and do real math. Poo.

Latest posts

Back