my build

I love what you have done to your car dude, but you definately need some 18's ASAP. Those 17's just aren't doing it for me IMO.

Other than that, everything looks sweet!

A few questions.

How does that effect your alignment?
Can you even get a alignment with that installed?
How can you tell that all the wheels are at the same ride height for daily driving?
How much and where did you get it?

Its not my taste at all. I think 1980s when I see red interiors..... and that's comming from a a guy who owns a 1980s car! The air ride seems too....... non sports car, more showcar to me. Just don't like it at all. We all have opinions though, and what I am saying is just that, an opinion. I don't want to start any flame wars.

damn that looks sick as hell. the suede is badass too. and im glad to see another person knows what super 77 is.lol being a graphic designer, it has come in handy many times. super 77 ftw!

StealthWyvern said:
A few questions.

How does that effect your alignment?
Can you even get a alignment with that installed?
How can you tell that all the wheels are at the same ride height for daily driving?
How much and where did you get it?

Effects it alot, you can get an alignment at a certain height but once it's not at that height alignment is off, I got mine aligned in the middle which is also my most common driving height. You can tell what height your at just by feel, you get used to it.

Air ride isn't cheap, cost more than a really nice coilover setup. But I am going the show route over performance. I get my parts from a local shop Altered Altitude but they do business online also under http://airassisted.com/

sevsev said:
Effects it alot, you can get an alignment at a certain height but once it's not at that height alignment is off, I got mine aligned in the middle which is also my most common driving height. You can tell what height your at just by feel, you get used to it.

Air ride isn't cheap, cost more than a really nice coilover setup. But I am going the show route over performance. I get my parts from a local shop Altered Altitude but they do business online also under http://airassisted.com/

So I take it thiers no memory preset height button or anything.

If you get the electronic controller you can have it set so you have a one touch control for full dump, one touch ride height, etc......... You can get it set up so that say you pancake the car in a parking lot, and then get in it to drive it will automatically take you to your preset ride height. Just depends on how much you wanna spend really......

StealthWyvern said:
So I take it thiers no memory preset height button or anything.

Yaggie1 said:
If you get the electronic controller you can have it set so you have a one touch control for full dump, one touch ride height, etc......... You can get it set up so that say you pancake the car in a parking lot, and then get in it to drive it will automatically take you to your preset ride height. Just depends on how much you wanna spend really......

I figured it was a money thing. I seen soem systems tha tell how much PSI is on each wheel before but thats it.

Yaggie1 said:
Just depends on how much you wanna spend really......
Exactly - tons of options. As for day-to-day ride height dial in for the alignment, you can go by psi but there are also mechanical switches and even laser systems.

One of the originators and a great site for reference (even though no Protege kits): http://www.ridetech.com/

Street beat also carries the ride tech system: http://store.streetbeatcustoms.com/ezs85743.html

*Edit: Mad props - luv the tucked look + being able to get over stuff at the flick of a switch (2thumbs)

Last edited:
Yea there's a bunch of different systems with different methods, I put some good thought into getting the digital controller yaggie's talking about but decided against.

I only run a psi gauge for my tank. If you want the front to be the same you just raise and lower them together and same goes for the rear.

I have a buddy at work that had his Envoy on air. It was pretty sweet when it was pancaked all the way. He ended up getting the Easystreet electronic controller. It was cool as hell, I love that bagged look.

Last edited:
how many people are actually considering doing this to their car?

imo i think this is too 1995
i remember when every ghetto kid used to have a $500 lincoln on airbags or something similar, parked on the street with one tire on the air with those tiny ass golden rims...

just so las decade...

still..like someone else said, to each its own...is all about you anyways

Alejo_NIN said:
how many people are actually considering doing this to their car?

imo i think this is too 1995
i remember when every ghetto kid used to have a $500 lincoln on airbags or something similar, parked on the street with one tire on the air with those tiny ass golden rims...

just so las decade...

still..like someone else said, to each its own...is all about you anyways

I was considering it (seriously considering it) for a while - if only to keep my DG lip in one piece going up driveways :p. Perceptions are a little different out in my area; Rodders/lowriders scavenged pumps and valves from a B-52 Bombers in the late 1950's and adjustable suspensions have just always been around me in LA. Unless you're building a show hopper, air bag systems have been a HUGE evolution from hydraulics. Yes there are examples of poor executions, but here are a couple dope-ass ones from a local show ...

bags1.jpg

bags2.jpg

Back