MY 1/4 mile

if my trap speed goes up 10mph i will be well over 100mph. Its just my 60ft that needs worked. If i got it to what you guys say is avg about 1.8 that would cut about .6 off my quarter mile which puts me to about 13.8-13.9. I did have a passenger in the car yesterday too so take that into consideration.

I just want to know how long it will take for the clutch smell to go away. It was very strong after the run but started to dicipate but it the smell is still there even today. Is it possible I glazed the clutch or burned the smell in? I am not having any slipping or problems shifting now or after that run. Let me know.

I just want to know how long it will take for the clutch smell to go away. It was very strong after the run but started to dicipate but it the smell is still there even today. Is it possible I glazed the clutch or burned the smell in? I am not having any slipping or problems shifting now or after that run. Let me know.

My burnt clutch smell went away before my next run at the track - so, about 30-45 minutes.

i did that same thing when all i had was fujita and catback. i used to shift 5500, and i ran it shifting 4500 and my trap speed improved 10mph. so try it, you'll be glad. and its not so hard on your motor or gas!

10 mph? :bs: So, you mean to tell me that, if i had just an intake, and was trapping 98 mph already, if I shifted at 4500, I would trap 108? That would be the highest trap speed with an MS6, including all Big Turbo guys not using meth. So, should I go out and tell them that the 2500 bucks they spent was all for naught? Before coming out with INSANE claims, rethink what you are saying.

Last edited:
My burnt clutch smell went away before my next run at the track - so, about 30-45 minutes.

10 mph? :bs: So, you mean to tell me that, if i had just an intake, and was trapping 98 mph already, if I shifted at 4500, I would trap 108? That would be the highest trap speed with an MS6, including all Big Turbo guys not using meth. So, should I go out and tell them that the 2500 bucks they spent was all for naught? Before coming out with INSANE claims, rethink what you are saying.

(upyours)

1.6 and 1.7 60ft's on this car without snapping an axle? I was just driving on the highway and hit a small pothole and my axle snapped. What am i doing wrong?

thats like me saying your dick is small, i don't know that. but i could say it just like you said my road runs downhill and you don't know.

Actually, I did try this, but so as not to post my opinions, I brought fact. Caution, it contains math. I dont want your pre-adolescent brain to explode.

Attachments

• Shift Points.pdf
    228 KB · Views: 409
Actually, I did try this, but so as not to post my opinions, I brought fact. Caution, it contains math. I dont want your pre-adolescent brain to explode.

OMG its to late to look at that. all i'm sayin is it worked for me haha.

but it doesn't matter for me now cuz i got a TBE w/o cats. i run with sti's and m3's and i'm not tuned. and i short shift for real like 5600 tops.

holy s*** man! I wasn't prepared for that at all. I can't say I understood absolutely everything on there, but makes seems to make sense. It's a great starting point for me when I hit the track for the first time next spring.

I think the best shift points for the MS6 are around 56-6000rpms. But to run high 14's is embarresing. You need a driver mod to fix these times!! high 13's is very attainable and shouldn't be that hard shifting at the right points and cutting less than 2.0 60ft's.

When launching what RPM are you folks generally slipping the clutch at? I am essentially stock with just a CAI. Sub 2 second 60 ft times seems astounding to me. I was running 2.12 times quite consistantly on my previous car and that was very respectable. Mind you, it was a fwd grand prix gtp. Also what altitude are the tracks you're typically runing at? Here in Calgary, Race City is at 3600ft. I seriously doubt I'll be capable of running sub 14s which seem to be percieved as easily attainable in this thread. That said, if I'm mistaken and I do, I will be one happy son of a gun.

I think the best thing to do is rev-match the rpms around 4-4500rpms and let it slip!! then shift 1gear around 6000rpms, grab 2nd and shift all out the rest of the gears around 56-5800rpms!!

I launch at 4-4.5k, letting it slip 1 - 1.5 seconds. I could cut a better 60 foot if I were more aggressive with the slip, but, its also a daily driver, and cant afford a 1500 dollar clutch jobs ... or axles ... or a diff

I launch at 4-4.5k, letting it slip 1 - 1.5 seconds. I could cut a better 60 foot if I were more aggressive with the slip, but, its also a daily driver, and cant afford a 1500 dollar clutch jobs ... or axles ... or a diff

Very True.................lol

But i think that's the best way to establish 1/4mile times #'s!!

I would really like to try a 2-step or atleast just a launch controller to pull off good 60ft's with the bigger turbo. I usually have to hold rev's to 5500, if I go a little too low then it bogs hard, but if it is too high you toast the clutch.

Back