MSP Gone Scooby Is here!

It was my understanding that the new Legacy GT's are just WRX's in different clothing. Same drivetrain and engines, and therefore basically the same aftermarket.

i dont think so...some things will work and others not though, i think. not 100 percent sure, i dont travel to the legacy sections all that much.

06 and legacys have the same engine just the wrx has a detuned ver. i think. the legacy gt has a 2.5 liter 250hp 250tq H4 engine while the 05 wrx has a 2.0 liter 227hp and im not sure about the tq. at least thats how i remember it. the 06 i think has the 2.5 liter and 230hp? let me check.

the 2.5 is just a bit more hp than the 2.0 from 05 and before. im sure there is more potential there. but i dont plan on changing the world with this car. just gonna probably be a stage 2-3, just enough to satisfy my hunger and thats it. no swaps, crazy kits, etc. i had enough of that crap.

i will be going with the cobb stage 2 which will put me up around 285 whp and 290 tq :) 1500$ basically turboback exhuast and ecu tune :)have 300 miles on it cant wait to hit 1000 miles

youre not going to get 285whp on a cobb stage 2. thats a 100whp increase. its significant increase, but not that significant. youre looking at 225ish whp with a stage 2 from cobb.

Matthew said:
youre not going to get 285whp on a cobb stage 2. thats a 100whp increase. its significant increase, but not that significant. youre looking at 225ish whp with a stage 2 from cobb.

i believe those are crank numbers.

MazdaSpeedTurbo said:
i will be going with the cobb stage 2 which will put me up around 285 whp and 290 tq :) 1500$ basically turboback exhuast and ecu tune :)have 300 miles on it cant wait to hit 1000 miles

Matthew said:

i didn't say that he said they were crank numbers. but if you go to cobbs site, stage 2 is listed at 285 hp and the dyno sheet says 224. so 285 is their rating at the crank.

....??

ahh i didnt mean whp just caught in mist of typing :) i will be happy with a 13.4 Sec car :) with the cobb stage 2 :)
mountjonas said:
i didn't say that he said they were crank numbers. but if you go to cobbs site, stage 2 is listed at 285 hp and the dyno sheet says 224. so 285 is their rating at the crank.

....??

Last edited:
Back