MS6 newbie

EvoFire

Hello all! First post here, I'm looking at picking up a used Mazdaspeed 6. I was wondering what advice all you Mazda pros have for me, such as what should I be looking out for, etc.

First off, welcome to the forums! A few small pieces of advice here for potential buyers are these:

1 - check the link in my sig for mod options, it may help your decision if you plan to go that route
2 - Avoid the heavily modded ones, since they're a time bomb in most cases
3 - A few members in the past will post an Autotrader link or Craigslist ad for the car and get feedback, that seems to work really well.

Best of luck finding one, what color/options are you looking for?

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.

-Steve

I already have a car in mind, though some feedback would be great!

Its a lease takeover, 07 pearl white MS6 with leather. $519 a month, 15000 residual and if I take over, he will pay me $1000.

The owner said he's been in one minor parking lot accident that totaled to $2500(seems kinda high to me)
He also said he hydrolocked the car(Mazdaspeed CAI) in the winter and Mazda replaced his engine this January.
Its been driven 46XXXkm and all maintenance and repairs done at the Mazda dealership.

I have yet to see the car, planning to take a look at it next week.

All the prices are in CAD mind you, I'm from Canada.

I'm definitely up for mods, but only will be doing minor things, I'm still in school and can't afford changing expensive parts on the car.

Last edited:
I already have a car in mind, though some feedback would be great!

Its a lease takeover, 07 pearl white MS6 with leather. $519 a month, 15000 residual and if I take over, he will pay me $1000.

The owner said he's been in one minor parking lot accident that totaled to $2500(seems kinda high to me)
He also said he hydrolocked the car(Mazdaspeed CAI) in the winter and Mazda replaced his engine this January.
Its been driven 46XXXkm and all maintenance and repairs done at the Mazda dealership.

I have yet to see the car, planning to take a look at it next week.

All the prices are in CAD mind you, I'm from Canada.

The only thing with that is the new engine. I'm not personally fond of them tearing the engine out, but if he hydrolocked it, it's pretty much inevitable.

WWP is a great color, one of my favorites, and a popular color amongst owners. Any idea if it's a sport (cloth) or GT (leather)?

I could see him reaching $2500 in damage if he rear ended something. Just check for frame damage.

I'm not fond of an engine transplant either, but whatever...

Also, how well does the suspension and drivetrain hold up on the MS6? Any issues I should be aware of? And also known rattles and squeaks?

I'm not fond of an engine transplant either, but whatever...

Also, how well does the suspension and drivetrain hold up on the MS6? Any issues I should be aware of? And also known rattles and squeaks?

The suspension is solid, but has a nasty tendency to understeer. You can correct this with a few mods, which will bring it back to a more neutral steering car. Drivetrain wise, the car is fairly solid, the weak link is the rear diff. brace, but there are several alternatives that are a big improvement over stock.

Rattles and squeaks, I don't really know of any repeated ones off hand.

Understeer huh? I've seen understeer, I drive a SUV, nothing fazes me LOL. Nothing a rear sway can't fix.

I'll be here for sure if I do pick that white MS6 up.

Back