MS6 Catalyst Racepipe Now Shipping

_Jason

:
2010 Mazdaspeed3
CorkSport announces the release of our new Power Series HighFlow Catalyst Racepipes for the 2005-2007 Mazdaspeed6 / MPS.
For a lot of our customers, swapping out a racepipe on track days
for a factory catalyst when they get home is not an option.
Wanting to be able to share the benefits of a larger diameter
improved flow exhaust with customers, we decided to build these
Direct Replacment 3 High Flow Catalytic Converters.

Ate-6-112-12.jpg

With this addition to our MS6 racepipe lineup, we now have two configurable
options - a resonated racepipe for track days and a high flow catalyst racepipe.
Both offer a deeper tone by utilizing a larger diameter primary tubing while
keeping the amplitude of the exhaust noise lower than a straight pipe by adding
the resonator or High Flow Catalyst.

Installation is a snap and takes roughly 1 hour from start to finish. The
racepipe uses factory style flanges and is built off of a fixture with factory
mount points based on the factory catalyst which results in a direct fit. The
front connection features a full floating front flange and spherical gasket
connection to attach to factory or aftermarket downpipes that use a factory or
80mm donut gasket.

The Racepipe itself is made entirely of TIG Welded 3 inch diameter T304
Stainless Steel (with 410 Stainless Housing for the Catalytic Converter on
catalyst versions). The catalyst utilizes state of the art metallic substrate
material to prevent the cracking and fragmentation that can occur with ceramic
factory style substrates. Additionally, our catalysts do not use conventional
expanded vermiculite or fiberglass packing material. Instead they use a metal
crush ring that ensures the catalyst substrate material will stay in place and
not blow out under high temperature and pressure.

The CorkSport MS6 Racepipe features full installation instructions and comes
with all required hardware for installation. Telephone installation support is
available for the Power Series Racepipe and all CorkSport products.

*CATALYST MODEL NOT FOR SALE FOR CUSTOMERS IN CALIFORNIA.

thanks Jason! Happy to see that ur still with our platform

As far as the product, it looks great.

I would like a member review before jumping on this.

great job

Spring is almost here and my exhaust is the next thing I want to get done so this comes at a good time. I was thinking about going resonated racepipe to their CBE, but now I'm wondering about maybe going their high flow cat route. Wondering which will be the least noisy?

Yea I just got my Catback from Corksport im waiting on the install. I was debating a downpipe or a test pipe etc.

I might get this or the resonated one first then get your DP later :)

+110 for cat. I am running the resonated one now as a DD. Will be swapping out to this one by spring.

Is it possible this is going to change at some point in the future?

Is depends on the peoples republic of kalifornia and the rules they impose for catalysts.

Currently we are not. If you brought one in from another state there is little we can do about that.....

-Derrick

CS does it again, nice work guys!

I will be contacting you sometime this year to get an exhaust for the MS6. Not sure which race pipe I'll go with though.

any idea why the price cost is so high?

These are more expensive than other 'test pipes' on the market because there is more to them. In one case, it is a resonated catalyst eliminator. In the other case, it is a high flow cat.

The stainless test pipes you see out on the market are just a piece of pipe with a slip joint on one end and a flange on the other and they're $120+. I'm not here to justify CS's products, but I can tell you there is a lot more to it. We should be asking the people who charge $120 for a stainless pipe why their price is so high! (rei)

HOLY CRAP!! NOT for sale to California?? I was waiting to see this piece for a while.. im just curious what the reasoning is?? we can buy race pipes etc. from other companies?? and I bought your test pipe for my MS6 in the past.. and I discussed this part with you guys at 7stock last year.. I like you guys.. So whats the story?? (sadbanana) thanks..

These are more expensive than other 'test pipes' on the market because there is more to them. In one case, it is a resonated catalyst eliminator. In the other case, it is a high flow cat.

The stainless test pipes you see out on the market are just a piece of pipe with a slip joint on one end and a flange on the other and they're $120+. I'm not here to justify CS's products, but I can tell you there is a lot more to it. We should be asking the people who charge $120 for a stainless pipe why their price is so high! (rei)

169 Aint that bad.. How much is the catted one?

I swear i saw this on 6 club and it was priced at $269, thats why i asked why it was soo high.

but thanks for letting me know.. my mistake

Back