MS3 Owners: Show us your wheels

you finally got some CCV's I see... want to see more!!!

Me too but as always the car isn't looking how I want it yet. Fronts need a pull and to come down a bit more. I think the rear fitment is perfect though.

facebook_-1698801211.jpg

facebook_-2036594301.jpg

Your wish is my command.
To reiterate, 18X8 +50 Enkei Imola, 235/40 18 Star Specs. Stock suspension (coilovers are on the wish list).

New 235 Star Specs next to the stock size (215, as if you didn't know) Blizzaks

Gettin' 'em on. BTW, a cordless impact wrench is your friend...
DSC00576.jpg

And there they are! Too bad it was an overcast day.

I'm also thinking about painting the calipers red some day.

What kind of lug nuts do you have? If they're the aluminum lightweight ones...never use an impact wrench to apply them. It's never recommended. The metal on them are pretty thin since aluminum doesn't have to be as thick as steel to be just as strong.

The metal on them are pretty thin since aluminum doesn't have to be as thick as steel to be just as strong.

Do whaaaat? Aluminum has to be thicker than the equivalent steel to be as strong. Aluminum is also softer than steel, so you should not use steel on aluminum.

You use these:

image.php

What kind of lug nuts do you have? If they're the aluminum lightweight ones...never use an impact wrench to apply them. It's never recommended. The metal on them are pretty thin since aluminum doesn't have to be as thick as steel to be just as strong.

Those are just red colored regular nuts...

Jon MS3, I love the look of the Black on Black stock wheels. I want to do the same with the wife's as hers is Silver and Silver of course. All I wanted was a drop like yours has but she doesn't want to. I prefer the look of the stock wheels with a drop. Had 225 35 18's on them before they came off due to two of the wheels being bent..... unfortunately not by me.

Here is the wifes at the moment: ( Konig Runaway Hyper Grey 17x8 +46 ) Believe 215 45 or 205 45 tires don't recall at the moment.

2011-08-18133809.jpg

Stock w/ stock tires bought w/ 19K miles on the ODO:

DSCN2754.jpg

Last edited:
Got my 5-ZIGEN Fn01r-C 18x8.5 et48 w/ Nitto NT 555 extreme ZRs 245/40/18 on the car.

IMAG0420.jpg
IMAG0423.jpg

MS3Wheels3.jpg

I am only rubbing slightly on large dips, but I am on stock suspension for now. Moar Lowz to come

Enkei Raijin Gunmetal

Just installed last week and took a blurry shot at work with my cell, will post better images soon. Stock suspension on Bridgestone RE760 225/40/18 on stock suspension. Staying on stock suspension since it's my wife's daily.

6906628920_df5391a21a_b.jpg

6906629926_30a487f17e.jpg

Last edited:
Back