MS3 Hood Lifts

Damn, those are sexy. Did the install kit come with a pop riveter or did you choose to use rivets yourself? Looks more factory to me.
It comes with the rivets, but you need your own riveter. You also need to be careful drilling the holes. The holes in the hood go through the inner panel and if you are not careful when the drill breaks through, you could ding the underneath of the top of the hood. No biggie, just be careful, the material is pretty thin. Drilling the lower holes is a little problem if your drill is too long; it hits the hood. It helps to have someone else to hold the hood up more than the stick does.

I hate the stick, I'm glad it's gone.

i hate the stick too, but im always hesitant to drill holes in my car but also hate paying people to do what I know I could do....quite the dilema here

Being the bonehead that I am, I damaged the hoodskin...not with the drill, but with the rivet. Long story that just illustrates my bone-headedness. Be xtra careful.

put tape on end of the drill bit a fraction of an inch from the end cheep fiberglass that way when it breaks through it hits the tape and stops before continuing through ill add a pic this weekend add some paint around the holes to help stop any corosion and make sure to vacume out any of the shavings they can also cause corosion.

Ppo rivets included in the kit

Pop Rivets in the kit included.

Damn, those are sexy. Did the install kit come with a pop riveter or did you choose to use rivets yourself? Looks more factory to me.

Back