MS3 exhaust fit mazda3?

solort

:
2004 Mazda3 S 4dr 5sp Solar Yellow
Will a Mazdaspeed3 exhaust bolt up to an 04 Mazda3 4 dr? If so, where does it connect and does it retain the 2 cats? Thanks

might want to check that link man, its a dud due to the fact that we cant post links for other mazda forums. you have to get creative to get around it

oops, thanks for that krimson.
solort if you want that link pm me your email addy and I will send it to you.

oh, lol. I was going to email it to him but if you can link yourself to the mazda3 plus forums dot com and then navigate to the Powertrain section. You'll find what you're looking for under Modifications and there is a thread there called Roll Call-Speed3 exhaust on an NA Mazda3.
Hope that helps.

This is the only forum I belong to that doesn't allow links to other forums... seems pretty silly to me.

Yes it will fit but if you have a sedan you will need to extend it about 2". I had a MS3 exhaust on my old Mazda3 sedan & it sounded great!

I just put the MS3 exhaust on my MZ3 hatch. The MS3 cat-back exhaust is shorter than the MZ3 cat-back, due to the fact that the way their downpipe and midpipe are, it doesn't need to be as long. What you have to do is go to muffler shop to do the install. What they did for me was cut off the flange that originally connects to the MZ3 midpipe, and weld that to the 2nd cat on the MZ3 if you want to retain both cats. To actually install they will have to cut the MS3 exhaust just before the muffler to get it over the rear suspension and then weld that back together. It's a simple thing to do if they know how to weld. To the guys I had do it 25 minutes exactly and $100. I didn't keep the second cat however, so in that case you have to have a 17" piece of straight pipe welded to the front of the MS3 exhaust and then weld that to the header. Also for sedans, you have to extend the exhaust tip 1.5-2" depending on your liking, I've also heard of people having to also bend the tip to center it on the cutout in the bumper. If you have any questions lemme know.

The pipe is not quite 2.5" at the front flange, and I'm told it gets a tad bigger as it gets toward the muffler, possibly just about 2.5". The MZ3 pipe size is 1 3/4".

Here's a video if you'd like to hear it too. Remember I took off the second cat.

Last edited:
that sounds pretty good. any drone at all? I've heard the ms3 catback drones a little bit on the mz3 between 2-3k rpms...

Yeah it drones a little bit, but it's not enough to say I wouldn't do it again. I love the way it sounds from outside the car. If you're worried about the drone keep the cat maybe?

Last edited:
Back