MPG keeps getting better and better

I am on my third tank and the mpg is higher than before. The previous two tanks were around 29-30 and this time it is around 34-35. I am about half way through on the current tank and the miles remaining + trip = 460 miles.

A huge pavement project at one of the bridges my wife takes on the way home from work is killing the MPG yielded an average of 24 on the last tank. It is a 20 soemtimes even 30 minute bumper to bumper ride just to get on a 100 foot stretch of unpaved road. People see unpaved road and immediately start moving at 15 MPH which causes major backups. Meanwhile after they're on the unpaved stretch they get back up to 40MPH + I'll never understand these idiots. Not like there's a 2 foot drop/rise between the paved road and the unpaved road.

This 2013 2.0L AWD engine/tranny combo is impressive! I just filled up and had my best MPG to date (37.6 MPG). 413.5 miles on the trip odometer and still more than 1/4 tank left. This was my usual mix of state and county highways and with 20% city driving. My hat is off to the engineers that designed this AWD/auto that is so good at sipping fuel while still being responsive and fun to drive.

The title of this thread is still holding true, MPG keeps getting better and better. You can see the history of every tank since she was new by clicking on my fuelly banner.

Back