MP5 turbo exposed; 13.3 1/4

afrey2002 said:
Oh, bummer. So is there a special tool to put the pins on the new piston? And what about the rings?

By the way, our new piston pins are the floating type, not the press-in stock type. The wire locks included hold them in, and keep them from sliding out. The rings go in like with any other pistons.

That kit looks like someone threw something together, turned the boost to 11, and hit the strip. I don't doubt that he is running 13's, but I doubt he will for long. An FMU setup just doesn't cut it for long, even with an inline pump.

NC_MP3 said:
That kit looks like someone threw something together, turned the boost to 11, and hit the strip. I don't doubt that he is running 13's, but I doubt he will for long. An FMU setup just doesn't cut it for long, even with an inline pump.

Thats my thinking too

he turboed his car when it had 484miles on it. Now it is 1500, for daily driving, hes boosting 6-8psi, and drives the car like a baby.
IT STILL SMELLS LIKE NEW!!!!!

at the track hes boosting 11 psi, but he mentioned hes monitoring 1100F EGT on the turbo exhaust.

For fuel managment, he has FMU, Gas Pump and regulator,

No timing control at all. We will see

igdrasil said:

Thats my thinking too

he turboed his car when it had 484miles on it. Now it is 1500, for daily driving, hes boosting 6-8psi, and drives the car like a baby.
IT STILL SMELLS LIKE NEW!!!!!

at the track hes boosting 11 psi, but he mentioned hes monitoring 1100F EGT on the turbo exhaust.

For fuel managment, he has FMU, Gas Pump and regulator,

No timing control at all. We will see
thats the thing that kills me is that NOBODY not even the new guy from hipoint is looking into ignition control.
anyway more power to the guy if hes running them and to all the proteges
but not to be a dick a thread jack , i just want to mention the module that i am addind into my car will be ready to market soon. it will control stock injectors(or any that might be mounted on the rail), ignition timing (not advance or retard, but the entire process) and boost
:D

perfworks said:

thats the thing that kills me is that NOBODY not even the new guy from hipoint is looking into ignition control.
anyway more power to the guy if hes running them and to all the proteges
but not to be a dick a thread jack , i just want to mention the module that i am addind into my car will be ready to market soon. it will control stock injectors(or any that might be mounted on the rail), ignition timing (not advance or retard, but the entire process) and boost
:D

why dont you talk about it?

i mean, im interested, as well as many others im sure.

igdrasil,
i will once we are done tuning . unless you have some questions about the system that i can answer for you . i didnt want to jack your thread and start talking about something else. on my thread
"pics of my girlfriends" (yeah stupid name:rolleyes: ) i am posting the progress of the install and video of the upcoming dyno run.

I'm not personally making a new ignition but I'm working with nology to get testers which it looks like we have a few now. The final product should be out in a month.

igdrasil said:

what you mean with that?

The car is completely stock except for the turbo and the slicks.
Its still in breakin period, only 1,500mi. Stock weight.

you dont know what gutted interior means? wow.

that means, everything that could go, is gone.
that could mean seats, plastic, etc.

street trim is ummm everything that was in the car when it was bought.

MP3skaterNC said:

you dont know what gutted interior means? wow.

that means, everything that could go, is gone.
that could mean seats, plastic, etc.

street trim is ummm everything that was in the car when it was bought.

Then it is street trim, still smells as new. ah.... floor mats too!!!

Perf you using anything from split sec for tuning? Sounds interesting. We will be installing the microtech soon and begin tuning. However I think you could sell alot of units if its a piggy back because of the pricing point

spoolinmp3 said:
Perf you using anything from split sec for tuning? Sounds interesting. We will be installing the microtech soon and begin tuning. However I think you could sell alot of units if its a piggy back because of the pricing point

nothing from split second. not to say there product isnt good.
the module will interface with the stock ecu for the stock injectors if needed or can be used as a piggy back for auxillary drivers. note that we will keep the stock ignition maps for load and low rpm. the difference will be in the higher rpm range where we will control the aggression in the map. it will take alot of tuning to get EVERY model correct so we will have 4 test vehicles. 1.nitrous 2. p5 turbo8-10 psi 3. mp3 turbo 8-10 psi and mine a p5 15 -19 psi .
hope fully the MAF and MODULE combo will be a package but some people are wanting it on an individual basis.

Back