MP3 possibly for sale...

96superneon

:
2001 Mazda Protege MP3
So how much are MP3's going for these days? My wife is prego and im thinking i might try to sell mine. Should i just use the guidelines of kbb or can i squeeze more out of it? lol Mine has 166,000 miles on the body and tranny but the motor only has 100,000. The body has minor dings but rust has run rampant around the rear wheel wells. Its not completely stock, it has bolt ons like obx header, cool air intake etc. kbb seems to think its worth between 3,500-4,500k. What do you think?

Last edited:
Can't say for certain, but the rust is a bit of a problem and that's gona' hurt the value a lot if someone like me's looking at it. The miles wouldn't bother me so much as the rust

Ive gotten one offer of 2500 with mine with 175k with an asking price of 3500

Edit: that was the only offer I got

Unfortunately even the MSPs don't have that great of a resale, just have to keep holding on.

You'd be better off putting it in storage for 20-30 years then selling it if there's still gas available

Did you ever successfully sell yours? I just popped my 2001 Protege MP3 on craiglist (in NJ) http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/4138234107.html for just under $2500 and have a couple of interested parties but I want to know if you think I asked the right price. I might list it on the for sale forum here too in a few days.
What did you get for yours?

Last edited:
Damn if you were in Tx I would buy that car. I don't need another DD protege but $2k for an MP3 is a deal

Back