MP3 headlight harness on a MP5

M2P503

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Hey guys i did a headlight conversion last year on my MP5 and i installed MP3 headlights. If i remove the MP5 headlight harness can i replace it with an MP3 headlight harness? I mainly need it to get the turn signals to work. I just rather not have to modify every thing again with Relays that stuff is annoying. Please let me know if it will work and does it plug right in? All knowledgeable help is appreciated! Thanks Guys!

as far as i can tell, the whole front clip wiring harness is one big harness. it would actually be easier for you to swap back to protege5 headlights.

why don't your turn signals work?

as far as i can tell, the whole front clip wiring harness is one big harness. it would actually be easier for you to swap back to protege5 headlights.

why don't your turn signals work?
I don't have the P5 headlights anymore i sold them a long time ago so that's not going to happen besides that on the new MP3 headlights there's a turn signal on the orange Amber part located on the outside of the headlight my original MP5 headlights never had that before so therefor there is no wiring harness at all for the outbound turning signal and i don't want to just start hacking wires apart to splice them together to get it to work i just wanted a Harness that i could just plug right in and have it work right away.

Considering that the p5 lights are dual beam and the sedan is single beam you should have had to do some wiring modification unless you're not using high beams

I'm pretty sure the orange amber part is just a reflector and not a light at all, signal light I know is on the inside closer to the grill...

I thought the P5 just used adapters to get the H7 end into the headlights? The ends of the harness are the same for both the mp3 and p5 I think.

that outer light is a side marker which the p5 has located in the high beam reflector, the sedan lights still only have the 1 turn signal.

Considering that the p5 lights are dual beam and the sedan is single beam you should have had to do some wiring modification unless you're not using high beams

I'm pretty sure the orange amber part is just a reflector and not a light at all, signal light I know is on the inside closer to the grill...
everything was modified over a year ago the whole wiring harness and everything and yes i do have High beams they work unfortunately my high beams go on automatically when i drive but that's a separate issue

that outer light is a side marker which the p5 has located in the high beam reflector, the sedan lights still only have the 1 turn signal.

Ok thanks for letting me know. I thought that outer light was a turn signal that saves me alot of time thanks guys now i just have to wire it up. Is there a Pigtail adapter i can use for those outer marker lights? My P5 doesn't have them since i did this MP3 headlight conversion

Ok man thanks for letting me know and wow i cant believe that link you listed with the P5 had the steering wheel on the Passenger side that's weird i guess that link is from the UK

I thought the P5 just used adapters to get the H7 end into the headlights? The ends of the harness are the same for both the mp3 and p5
The end of the Harness on the MP3 and MP5 are not the same the MP5 does have Amber side Reflectors and the Mp3 does have amber side marker reflectors thats why i have to find some kind of pigtail adapter to get them to work

head to the junk yard and get a pigtail with socket from a wrecked protege sedan. then, wire it up in parallel to the bumper side marker.

head to the junk yard and get a pigtail with socket from a wrecked protege sedan. then, wire it up in parallel to the bumper side marker.

Thanks man but that's easier said then done because it's very rare and hard to find a 2001 to 2003 Protege laying around in the Junk yard with pigtail adapters and if i did find them where would i splice them into?

splice them into your bumper side lights. the only reason the protege5 has those bumper lights is because the headlights didn't have the side lights, like the sedan does.

i'll say it again... it would probably be easier and quicker for you to buy a set of protege5 headlights from ebay and install those - go right back to stock.

splice them into your bumper side lights. the only reason the protege5 has those bumper lights is because the headlights didn't have the side lights, like the sedan does.

i'll say it again... it would probably be easier and quicker for you to buy a set of protege5 headlights from ebay and install those - go right back to stock.
Thanks for your convictions NJaremka on going back to stock but at this point it would be a huge headache to do so and i like these lights better especially with the side markers

Back