MP3 and a trailer hitch

trobbins

It was about the time I attempted to put a 10ft peice of PVC pipe in my MP3 and I cracked my windsheild that I thought it would be nice to have a small and lightweight utility trailer.

I have looked at a hitch from Hidden hitch but the problem is that the MP3 has the lower skirt on the back.

Then I had an idea.

What if the skirt could go in front of the hitch and hide it for the majority of the time, and then when I want to buy a 10ft piece of pipe, I could remove the skirt and use the hitch.

I have read the threads about hitches on the protege's so I know all of the do's and donts.

So my question is, Does anyone know how the lower skirt in the back attaches to the rear bumper, and if so, would it be possible to attach it with wing nuts or something to make it semi-removable.

This is just a spur of the moment thought, so be gentle.

Tim

I thought I remembered reading something about it being glued, but I could easily be wrong. Hey, you can do anything, I'm sure you could detach it, and get it setup in a way that is easy to remove.

Chris

Velcro, I kind of like that idea, except for the chance of i flying off. I guess if its just glued now, how bad could it be? Maybe I will put in a wing nut or 2 also.

Doomer, I read you bought Spool springs, I'll have to find you and check it out after you get them on.

Tim

trobbins said:
Velcro, I kind of like that idea, except for the chance of i flying off. I guess if its just glued now, how bad could it be? Maybe I will put in a wing nut or 2 also.

Doomer, I read you bought Spool springs, I'll have to find you and check it out after you get them on.

Tim

Yeah I bet velcro would be fine, especially over such a large surface area (just do a strip across the whole piece). It would be like the magnetic bra I had. Not a very strong magnet, but the surface area it covers causes it to STAY PUT. The wing nuts would be nice for that "just in case".

Yeah, I bought the Spool springs. They go on Saturday afternoon (finally). A guy from ClubSi who has a shop in Windsor is doing it and an alignment for a case of beer and the joy of working on a car :). I'll be sure to post before after pics, and yeah, we should definitely meet up some time so you can check it out.

Later,

Chris

Back