2013~2016 Mounting ham radio under front seat

fmagic

2014 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD
:
Paoli, PA USA
I am trying to figure out if it is safe to drill a hole or two to secure a ham radio mount under the front seat (driver's side) of my 2014 Mazda CX-5 GT. The radio is an Icom ID-5100A (ham radio). I already have the radio sitting under the seat but I want to secure it so it doesn't fly at me if I slam the brakes or worse. I felt around under the carpet and I cannot feel any wires, so I am really just trying to confirm if there is anything else I need to worry about below this area. The screws that came with the mounting bracket are about 1/2 inch long, but I could get shorter screws if the length is a concern. I'm hoping that I am worrying too much, but my dad was joking to me about making sure I don't hit the gas tank, and that made me think about what else could be under the carpet, knowing how much ductwork, wiring, and other stuff is in cars now.

Here's a picture of the area (taken from the back seat) where I am hoping to secure it (the area is free and clear of the seat, the seat rails, the vent, etc.):
20201230_145441.jpg

Underneath the car, there are brake lines and fuel lines that run from back to front. You would want to be aware of what is directly below your mounting point and be careful how far your drill bit went through the metal floor.

Back