Mount Knowledge needed please.

Ok so i've ordered the AWR front and rear including the inserts for the passenger side and tranny mount. I've included pictures of my side mount as i dont know if its bad and needs replacing or i can just stick the inserts in and be good, so i turned to my p5 brothers for some knowledge.. any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DSC00986.JPG
    DSC00986.JPG
    221.5 KB · Views: 721
  • DSC00985.JPG
    DSC00985.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 712
  • DSC00984.JPG
    DSC00984.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 718
looks broken to me.. i'd SUGGEST getting another stock mount and putting the inserts in there.. but if you dont feel like buying those, i'd just put the inserts in that. it's not really recommended.. but i guess you could put some epoxy in there also.

Your passenger mount is toasted. I would highly suggest getting a new one instead of just the inserts. There have been several for sale here on the forums in the past week or so.

My suggestion is to replace the mounts that are broken first, then move on to the others. The back is definitely the hardest, but if its still good, why change it out now? Fixing that ripped passenger mount will make it feel like a new car.

i got my order in yesterday, awr front and rear mounts with inserts, but for some reason only got the side mount inserts not the tranny ones but thats another issue. I have the inserts in now, i assume i zip-tie the little metal plate it came with to the inserts, correct??

I just finished installing the stuff i got in, Motor mounts, inserts, and intake. All went well except for dam rear motor mount, that F'n mount aint no joke. 1 hr just trying to take the stupid plastic piece on top of the mount and still no luck. Tried impact guns but bolts are to tight, bottom one really gives you 1 in of room to work with, i gave up on that one and will have my dads mechanic friend do that one. I did the rest front and side inserts, can already notice the difference. Except for i'm getting a nice jump from the engine when i first start up. I'm thinking due to not replacing the rear yet..

Back