Motor Mounts.

Courtesy of HaleTru

photo_14_.jpg

I agree that it makes a huge difference once you do the transmission mount. Also i dont mind the vibration.

I noticed the biggest difference after changing the passenger side and front mounts but would definitely recommend changing them all.

The bushing won't last long like that. So jack up the engine with a floor jack and a piece of wood so that you can align and tighten it better.

I contacted Minerva, they said someone else had the same problem. Said the "jig" wasn't lined up right. Its not the other MM's. The Plate had the holes misaligned. They are sending me a new mounting plate, bushing and bolt. Once it gets here will change it out and see how it does. I must say that I can feel the way the engine hmms and purrs, then growls. Yes, it is a noticeable difference, once you hit that gas peddle my baby goes ZOOM.

Last edited:
The only way it would be possible to line it up better would be to loosen the bolts on the transmission bracket, which may work. Otherwise that's as close as we could get it.

I wonder what the difference in vibration, performance, etc. is, if any, between the medieval passenger mount design (and several other companies with similar, SLS, SU) and the AWR that has the bushing mounted sideways.

I believe that SLS purchased the Medieval design so it should be similar to what you have on now. Both appear to have the same type of housing and bushing set up, just a different mount frame style. I like my SLS mounts(side & front). I don't think I would like the feel of AWRs.

The only way it would be possible to line it up better would be to loosen the bolts on the transmission bracket, which may work. Otherwise that's as close as we could get it. from Hornsfan.

Actually the small bracket that is attached to the motor on the passenger side is what they are sending me. The 2 wholes where you mount it to the engine where "off". Thats why they are sending me a new one to straiten it up.

Hey any update on lining up that passenger mount? I bought my MSP with 70 durometer Front and Pass AWR mounts and at idle it passes a good bit of vibration (lots of stuff buzzes). The rear MM has seen better days so I am thinking of replacing them all with Minerva MMs. I gotta think the engineers had something specific in mind when they oriented the stock pass MM as the did ... so I'd like to mimic that; the AWS pass MM is 90 degrees from stock, and I am wondering if that is passing a bunch of the vibration.

I wouldn't replace the AWR passenger mount, the excess vibration is the bad stock mounts. I would choose AWR over minerva but the Minervas are a very good deal at less than half the price of AWRs.

I bought the front and rear mounts from AWR about a year or so ago with the 88 durometer bushings. The pass side and trans mounts are stock. I must say with the front and rear alone, the thing does have one wicked reverberation throughout the car when at idle. Watching the wing vibrate in the mirror is kind of entertaining, kind of disgusting. This car shouldn't rattle this bad. Was half-tempted to go back to a stock design, so I am hoping what HornsFan is saying is true...maybe I just need to get off my ass and replace the other 2. I think I'll probably just go with the 70's for the sides, the 88's may be a bit overkill for a mainly stock, street-driven car that does the occasional auto-x.

The rear was a huge pain...and bending the thing would have been much better than breaking it like I did. Good luck here folks.

Last edited:
the rear is where all your vibrations are coming from, since its mounted pretty much to the back of the dash board. the side mounts add a lot of drive train noise to the cabin. so, if you don't like the noise with only the front and rear mounts, you will HATE the car with the addition of the side mounts.

I also noticed after a couple weeks the mounts not only break in but I got entirely used to them and now I don't mind it at all. My AWR is a 70 duro and my Minervas are 60 or 62 I believe. I would never go back to stock, they vibrations arent that bad at all. My main problem is the rear view mirror doesn't stop shaking so it's somewhat hard to see out of.

They have been known to fail, although they have been redesigned. I would go with AWR or Minerva before SU or SLS.

Back