motor mounts ?

alphanumeric

:
93 MX-6 LS ATX
hey everyone, i need your advice/input:

as many of you know, i need new motor/tranny mounts. seeing as how my crappy idle has (i hope) gone away and the knock sensor crap will be done and over with sometime this week, i thought i'd finally do the mounts. it'd be nice to have a tech night for that but after seeing how it took a while to install RJ's, i thought i'd spare myself and everyone some trouble and just have them installed. my question is: should i go with OEM or polyurethane ? i know there is some benefit to PU because it's a stiffer and helps in manual cars. im still planning to convert to MTX so this is a possibility. on the other hand, i want to keep the shaking to a minimum and since it took 175,000mi to wear out the mounts, OEM also sounds like a good idea. lemme know what u guys think, any input would help, thanx !

alphanumeric said:
after seeing how it took a while to install RJ's, i thought i'd spare myself and everyone some trouble and just have them installed.

Duuudde... c'mon, is it more fun to let someone else do the work to your car and wonder if they did it right, or go thru the pain and agony and knucklescraping of doing it yourself, and at least thinking you did it right?

Either way you find out the hard way... but one way is more fun... and the other is more expensive :)

i should be receiving my passenger side motor mount this week from sls performance.i will tell you how easy or hard it was to install. i think you should look into aftermarket mounts. i will soon find out if polyurethane is the way to go. if notice a difference off the bat i will changing all my mounts pretty soon too.

I love the feel of aftermarket period.. stock seems a lil boring to me.. well, can i even say much? i am pretty much stock.. lol but one motor mount did make a difference on my ride, and it shakes, i kinda like it... ;) but anyways...

because of the taste of aftermarket mounts, or "mount" should i say, i am going full on aftermarket on all four.. yet, why does everyone tell me that i only need three motor mounts..? w/e im going all four... :D because i like it... better to be safe than sorry... (i guess)

Peace,
RJ

im planning on changing all my mounts because it's probably been a while since they've been changed. im even thinking that they're original on the car :p i'd love to make it a tech night project but it might be too big of a job for even successive tech nights. if you guys are down, we can probably try to install one and see how it goes.

yellow p5 guys: how is the shaking at idle ? the reason i'm shying away from urethane is that it shakes almost as much as my broken mounts now and i'd never know if they were broke or not

well, the shaking is nice... lol nah but, the stronger the better... right? (well, in some/most cases) i like it because it looks nice, it lasts longer from what i've heard, and it feels as if "i have more control over my engine thingy" lol :D

hope that helps.. lmao!

rjs_protege5 said:
well, the shaking is nice... lol nah but, the stronger the better... right? (well, in some/most cases) i like it because it looks nice, it lasts longer from what i've heard, and it feels as if "i have more control over my engine thingy" lol :D

hope that helps.. lmao!

hahahaha urethane it is then :p

i say go aftermarket....and if it breaks...it will just shake more..haha. I have one aftermarket mount on the 3 (only one available) and it really only bothers me when the A/C compressor is going....and vibrates alot more.

yeah if aftermarket lasts longer than OEM i'll just go along with them. im planning on doing all the mounts. stephen: how bad is the vibration ?

i looked around, there are urethane front and rear mounts only, so im gonna go with those first and see how they feel.

vibration is not that bad....you can just feel it. Not enough to drive you crazy, IMO....kinda like a light massage chair...but only when the compressor kicks in.

shalezoom3 said:
vibration is not that bad....you can just feel it. Not enough to drive you crazy, IMO....kinda like a light massage chair...but only when the compressor kicks in.

sweet, in-car massage :p. actually since my a/c is busted it might not even be an issue. i just thought it vibrated as much as my car now at idle.

Latest posts

Back