Moon roof debris...

zum zum

Hey folks, anyone figure out how to clean the top part of the sunshade (the side seen from outside the car)? I've accumulated some tree debris, etc and since you can't close the shade when the moonroof is open I can't get in there to clean it out (too little space for even one of those crevice tools on vacuums). I use the tilt function to vent the car on hot days, and one or two unexpected rain showers have also spotted the sunshade from dried water drops, any thoughts ther too?

I have the same problem. Has anyone tried the compressed air?

(This is not a smart-ass comment) Do you have any plans to tint your windows in the future? Cause if the moonroof is tinted you really won't see the debris.

I tilted the roof, slid a dustcloth in there and pushed it around with a thin metal rod that I had. Not the perfect solution but it was better than nothing.

Yeah, the tilt/dustcloth method sounds good for the debris but what about water spots? Mine seems to have gotten some water on it and it ran back so now I have 3 or 4 water streaks running across it and it looks bad. I guess I could substitute something for the dustcloth and use the tilt to get in there but does anyone know what to use so I don't damage it?

(Not trying to jack the thread here, just hate the streaks!!!)

I Just had the pulley cables replaced and this led to the cover being removed (along with the rest of the headliner) so they cleaned it. I found that the easiest way ;)

Back