Mods?

bradboyd80

:
'12 Velocity Red MS3
This is probably a really stupid question, but.......do the aftermarket parts for the gen1 MS3 fit the 2nd Gen? I'm guessing they do since its essentially the same engine but dont know for sure.

Reason I'm asking is because in the next couple of weeks I'm looking at trading in for either a 2010 MS3 or 2010 WRX. If my current mods swap over, then that pretty much makes up my mind. If they don't, then I'd have to sell the parts and start over, which still leaves me undecided.

Anybody know?

Last edited:
This is probably a really stupid question, but.......do the aftermarket parts for the gen1 MS3 fit the 2nd Gen? I'm guessing they do since its essentially the same engine but dont know for sure.

Reason I'm asking is because in the next couple of weeks I'm looking at trading in for either a 2010 MS3 or 2010 WRX. If my current mods swap over, then that pretty much makes up my mind. If they don't, then I'd have to sell the parts and start over, which still leaves me undecided.

Anybody know?

I can tell you that my MS CAI transfered over no problem. I added the COBB TIP after I got the gen2 but I am sure that will fit too as the engine is positioned the same way. Not sure about the shifter bushings but more than likely they will. As for the Forge BPV, I have the same one on the gen2 so that will transfer too. I had a gen1 (07) and traded it in for the gen2.

I figured they would transfer over no problem, but wasn't sure. That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the input!

it just doesnt work. the new ECU is totally different. trust me. Also the company had totally abandoned the dashawk so there will be no more updates. right now our only option for datalogging is the dashdaq, which is like 600 bucks and they havn't gotten all the PIDs from mazda so KR and some other thing can't be read at the time.

ppl have tried the dashawk, it only monitors 3 or so parameters and is laggy as fvck

yeah, its a great car, but those things just arnt available. why are you getting rid of your 1st gen?

Well it seems I'll be keeping the 1st Gen anyway. Can't get a good enough interest rate to get the payment where I want it.

Latest posts

Back