Missing side sill plugs -- help with part number?

DrWebster

:
2013 Mazda 2 Touring
Hey everyone,

Was out giving the blue 2 a good fall detailing (the white 2 will be next weekend) when I noticed that somehow three of the plastic plugs underneath the side sill on the driver's side are missing. I have no idea what happened to them or when they disappeared; my wife usually drives it. (I also noticed that one of the valve stem caps was missing, so maybe Discount Tire shenanigans?)

Anyway, I definitely need to get some replacements ordered. It looks like the metal is just primed, and there's a small touch of rust forming on the lip of one of the holes, so they definitely need to get plugged up before winter. (I'm surprised and somewhat appalled that they seem to install the plugs at the factory before painting the car body color.) I've done some digging online and I can't find neither what they're called, nor their part number. Anyone have any ideas? I've attached a photo of the driver's side of the car; the wheel you see in the distance is the front right. The car does not have the side sill moldings.

Thanks!

plugs.jpg

The bummer is that all the plugs in that link are Imperial-sized, for American cars.

I managed to get the correct ones ordered through the dealer. Part number T001-56-053, "hole cover," about $6 each.

So what exactly are the holes for, if they are just plugged anyway? Is it part of the manufacturing process?

So what exactly are the holes for, if they are just plugged anyway? Is it part of the manufacturing process?

Well, I know for sure that 3 of the holes on each side get used to help hold the optional side skirts on, but what the rest of them are for I have no idea.

Back