2017~2024 MIL just bought a CX-5 Carbon

They would still need to get the parts shipped here, which was the reason for the 2+ month delay, as quoted in one of your earlier posts. New vehicles are being built, but how many are you seeing on the lots? I've been to one of the two dealers local to me recently, and they have 18 brand new cars and and only 12 used cars on their lot.

Good luck getting the dealer to pull parts from a perfectly good vehicle, in a time where inventory is at a low, and selling prices are at a high. Your personal experience with VW from however many years ago is very, very different from the way things are today, in this market.
People here can get Mazda OEM parts from partsouq.com in UAE via DHL within a week, and you really believe Mazda headquarter in Japan can’t allocate a set of gaskets for coolant control valve replacement and ship them over to the US in very short period of time? One member in CX-9 forum mentioned after he kept pushing, MNAO expedited the process and shipped the whole engine from Japan via air and eventually got installed months sooner than originally scheduled. It all depends on how the Mazda setting up the priorities. The assembly lines are still operating and the gaskets and engines are still been manufactured and assembled everyday, not like Mazda doesn’t make those parts and engines anymore.

People here can get Mazda OEM parts from partsouq.com in UAE via DHL within a week, and you really believe Mazda headquarter in Japan can’t allocate a set of gaskets for coolant control valve replacement and ship them over to the US in very short period of time? One member in CX-9 forum mentioned after he kept pushing, MNAO expedited the process and shipped the whole engine from Japan via air and eventually got installed months sooner than originally scheduled. It all depends on how the Mazda setting up the priorities. The assembly lines are still operating and the gaskets and engines are still been manufactured and assembled everyday, not like Mazda doesn’t make those parts and engines anymore.

There is a delay on parts, that much we know. The rest is speculation. If it were really that easy then the dealership could just order the required parts themselves.

In any case, this has nothing to do with the currently trouble-free CX-5 that OP's MIL just bought. If they have any issues, they can check the other thread in the Engine & Gearbox subforum that has much more detail and is more relevant.

As alluded to in my previous post - back on topic, please.

They would still need to get the parts shipped here, which was the reason for the 2+ month delay, as quoted in one of your earlier posts. New vehicles are being built, but how many are you seeing on the lots? I've been to one of the two dealers local to me recently, and they have 18 brand new cars and and only 12 used cars on their lot.

Good luck getting the dealer to pull parts from a perfectly good vehicle, in a time where inventory is at a low, and selling prices are at a high. Your personal experience with VW from however many years ago is very, very different from the way things are today, in this market.

Yeah I had to leave my car with the dealer for a few days, and they had no loaners available and no rentals to offer either. Tough times..

In any event, we don't need to turn this into a coolant leak or CD thread. @eddie1976E, if you have any questions, I'm sure the Community will be happy to help wherever we can. Your MIL's CX-5 will certainly be more reliable that the Forester she used to have. All those repairs with less than 100k on the odo is pretty wild. Why did she end up needing 4 new wheel hubs, if you don't mind me asking?
Not sure of the reason for all 4 being replaced. it was over a 12 month period. It was wild, I think she was charged 600-700 each. Gets expensive. She loves the new car though.

Back