Midsize 3-row Crossover Comparison Test

Not that I think the 9 deserved a win, but this "review" has no depth at all. The GMC and Hyundai have an unusable 3rd row, which I would think disqualifies them from their target market. The review compliments the Honda for having all the driving aids, NAV system...then pans the 9 for being short of features? The 9 he drives is a Signature?!
The Acadia gets complimented for classy touches in inside, but the CX-9 leaves the reviewer cold?!

This form of automotive journalism is just trash.

Not that I think the 9 deserved a win, but this "review" has no depth at all. The GMC and Hyundai have an unusable 3rd row, which I would think disqualifies them from their target market. The review compliments the Honda for having all the driving aids, NAV system...then pans the 9 for being short of features? The 9 he drives is a Signature?!
The Acadia gets complimented for classy touches in inside, but the CX-9 leaves the reviewer cold?!

This form of automotive journalism is just trash.

Correct on a few accounts--yes the CX-9 is a signature, but the Pilot is an Elite. He noted that they tested all the top trim levels. This forum has beat to death the fact that the Signature lacks panoramic sunroof, heated rear seats, vented front seats, heated steering wheel, more than 6 ways to adjust the driver's seat. Yes the Mazda has HUD, and the best driving dynamics, but most customers want the other stuff. I haven't sat in either, but I'm willing to bet the Mazda's leather is much nicer quality than the Honda's. Of course, the Mazda costs less than the Honda, so that's a plus for Mazda.

And also correct that anyone with a video camera can now become an "automotive journalist".

This test was the most incomprehensible comparison I have ever read! Seriously, the Kia Sorento? Read what they wrote about the seating comfort, the 3rd row, etc and they placed it first?

The CX-9 is definitely NOT the most utilitarian CUV out there; I knew that when I bought my 2009, my 2011 and now my 2015. I got it because I am a long torso, 6'4" 250 lb. man and I love tight handling vehicles. The seats in the CX-5 are not supportive to me (we have a 2016 GT), which is the only reason I drive the 9 instead of the tighter handling 5.

This site is a freebie that showed up in my mailbox one day and is one of about 6 I receive daily, and this test just makes NO sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back