Memory Seat issues

di33266

Hello everyone!

Did you guys notice that the driver's seat stops getting into "your" position on the GT model? I have the "smart key" in my pocket, the door opens fine but the seat is "dead"...
Once you re-program it - it works for some time but then stops again.

Thank you

PS
the memory buttons on the driver's seat always work.

I didn't know it was supposed to do that

You mean that it should adjust itself automatically depending on which smart key opens the door?

Dave

Since I'm the only one that drives our CX-9, the only time I notice that it's stopped working is when I move it for some reason and then try to use the memory to reset it. Invariably it has lost its memory.

When I reset it and try it immediately, it always works just fine. I haven't discovered the failure pattern yet.

Ours gets confused when both smart keys are in range of the car. As long as either my wife or I leave our keys in the house, when the other unlocks and opens the driver door, the seat always moves to the proper setting. If she is on the passenger side with her keys, it seems to be random whether or not the seat moves to my setting when I open the driver door.

Ours gets confused when both smart keys are in range of the car. As long as either my wife or I leave our keys in the house, when the other unlocks and opens the driver door, the seat always moves to the proper setting. If she is on the passenger side with her keys, it seems to be random whether or not the seat moves to my setting when I open the driver door.

Are you using the unlock button on the remote or just pressing the button on the door handle?

Both, but most often by pressing the door button. If pressing the door button doesn't make the seat move, pressing the unlock on the remote doesn't work afterwards either. I said a few weeks back I'd sit by the car with both remotes and keep playing with it until I figured out the system, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Yep...

Hello everyone!

Did you guys notice that the driver's seat stops getting into "your" position on the GT model? I have the "smart key" in my pocket, the door opens fine but the seat is "dead"...

Thank you

PS

Yes, I've had this happen too. There is no pattern to it I can detect. And like you, once I re-program it it works fine again. The memory buttons always work.

Ted

Yes, I've had this happen too. There is no pattern to it I can detect. And like you, once I re-program it it works fine again. The memory buttons always work.

Ted

OK, count me in with the same situation. When this first happened, I thought that I had done something to loose the setting but it has happened twice more now. No pattern here either except that both keys loose their respective settings at the same time. Not something I want to spend the day at the dealer for so if anyone has a clue, let us know.

I have the same problem too - doesn't seem to be an pattern to when it stops working properly either.

I should have searched this forum more throughly...I just posted the same problem in my "Losing my memory" thread....seems that this is far from an isolated incident!

Back