Megan Racing BOV??

Looks like a greddy Type S knockoff. They sell a Megan Racing N1 muffler that is an exhaust copy of an Apexi n1 muffler.

I think they just copy the design of other peoples work and try to sell it cheaper, and with less quality. I'd be a little suspicious, but hey the MR n1 muffler does look and sound nasty on my buddies rx7.

Thats why I am wondering sbout it. I have a buddy that can get it for like $110. That makes it slot cheaper then the greddy. But then again, I hate to waste $110...

well, email them and find out what kind of design it is. and if you feel like being the guinea pig, go right ahead :D.

megan racing is cheaply manufactured knockoff crap. stay away from it. they're mufflers and what not maybe somewhat functional for NA applications but id be extremely wary about anything from them especially for turbo applications.

I have an email out to them, but my question to you oki, is how the hell would a bov be good for a NA car? I am going to look at it and possibly test fit it for a day to see how it is. I will let you know how it is.

i think oki_boy's point was that megan isn't exactly known for high performance, quality products. little things like mufflers and stuff you can't exactly screw up (ok, yes you can but still), but a bov, i'd be wary too. let us know how it works.

Spicy1390 said:
I have an email out to them, but my question to you oki, is how the hell would a bov be good for a NA car? I am going to look at it and possibly test fit it for a day to see how it is. I will let you know how it is.

(freak)

BOVs are for turbo only.

when did i ever say that a BOV would work for an NA application?? read my post again and try and comprehend what i said.

save your flames for someone else asshat, im only trying to help this guy avoid buying crap.

oki_boy said:
when did i ever say that a BOV would work for an NA application?? read my post again and try and comprehend what i said.

save your flames for someone else asshat, im only trying to help this guy avoid buying crap.
who flamed who?

Did i miss something?

Calm down oki, he wasn't flaming you. If you want to avoid buying crap, follow these 3 simple steps:

1. Don't buy that BOV because it IS crap.
2. Get the Forge dual-piston BOV for like $160 something.
3. ENJOY!

I would have to agree in general, it is always good to go with what already works. A guy I talked to said that Megan Racing is a sister corp of Mugen. I know Mugen is good. But I am not sure if that is good info or not.. I am still thinking the Greddy Type S though..

looks a bit like greddy and an rfl. decent price for it. i say go for it. if you don't like it sell it to some ricer kid for a profit.

I really doubt megan racing is a sister corp to Mugen.
Sounds like they made their name similar to that company, added racing, and then started making cheap knockoffs of respected parts...

If you actually believed that, then ive got an extra bottle of Xenon Headlight fluid, a muffler bearing, and a Small bottle of boost refill fluid for you... Low low price of $299.99, plus $5.95 S&H.

GET IT WHILE I STILL GOT IT CUZ ITS GUNNA GO FASTar!!!!!1

Spicy1390 said:
I would have to agree in general, it is always good to go with what already works.
good idea. stick to this.
A guy I talked to said that Megan Racing is a sister corp of Mugen.
aforementioned person is sorely misinformed. megan racing is a knockoff-based company that started out on ebay and got some response, so they decided to try and start making more cheap ghetto knockoff parts for people that dont care much about quality.

i watched them grow to ghetto-greatness from their apparent poor start, all on b15sentra.net. it makes me sick.

Spicy1390 said:
Thanks for the info oki. I was basically waiting to hear something like that..
:D no problem.
may curses befall on megan racing!!! CHICKENBONE CHICKENBONE!!!

Mugen is out of business anyway, so being a sister corp with them wouldn't be anything to be proud of, even if it was true. I know Mugen made good parts, but they aren't in business anymore, which tells you something about the company.

Back