Banned
:
2007 Mazdaspeed 3
mearcat gauge pod with prosport boost gauge:

img2599mediumjh6.jpg

img2597mediumrj2.jpg

img2603mediumym9.jpg

img2602mediumpq9.jpg

how is it held down? im in need of a pod but i dont want to do any drilling and what not.. whered you get it also?

It's from an Australian company http://www.mearcat.com.au/ . At the 'other forum' someone contacted them and they made a batch of left hand drive pods (its right hand drive in Australia). I think he made like 60 single and 20 double pods or something like that. I paid about $70 shipped (from Australia), the double is a little bit more. The color match is great, you can get it predrilled for 52mm or 60mm gauge (mine is 52). It's made out of fiberglass or something...the quality is great, it has some weight to it. If you're interested in getting on I would shoot an email to alan AT mearcat.com.au!

Oh yeah and I used doubled sides tape on the side to hold it on

looks great...where did you run your wires and hose at form up there? does it follow the contour of the dash well?

looks great...where did you run your wires and hose at form up there? does it follow the contour of the dash well?

Yeah it's molded just right, I was really impressed by that. I ran wires up the rubber weather strip thing, between the top of the dash and a pillar...you'll see if you take a look. Pod covers up the wires, can't see any at all...very easy install.

Great...i have been looking for a good way to mount a gauge and thats like the perfect place lol

I just shot Alan an email trying to get ahold of a double pod. I asked about the single also if anyone wants me to let them know once I get an email just PM me.

The only thing I can't tell about the pod is in the second picture it looks like it's overlapping the pillar. Is that true or does it just look like it from the awkward angle?

Last edited:
I just got mine today. I 2nd the quality being great. You don't want someone throwing this thing at your head. I'm about to order my Aeroforce gauge and will post pics once installed (unless another member beats me to it)

I just got mine today. I 2nd the quality being great. You don't want someone throwing this thing at your head. I'm about to order my Aeroforce gauge and will post pics once installed (unless another member beats me to it)

great! cant wait to see it!

I just shot Alan an email trying to get ahold of a double pod. I asked about the single also if anyone wants me to let them know once I get an email just PM me.

The only thing I can't tell about the pod is in the second picture it looks like it's overlapping the pillar. Is that true or does it just look like it from the awkward angle?
The pods do actually wrap around the pillar slighlty - it's not an illusion in aaronc7's photos.

Hello everyone. I am Alan from Mearcat Auto Accessories in Australia here. If you have any queries in regards to these Mazda3 pods, just ask, email me (alan@mearcat.com.au) or PM will be fine.

-Alan

P.S - I'm actually am making some pods for the Mazda6 (LHD & RHD cars) as well but only prototypes for now.

Looks very nice...if I didn't have such a hard on for steering column mounts, I would definately go for one of these for my gauge.

Latest posts

Back