Mazda6 mirror folding issue...Any ideas?

Hey guys,

My 2017 Mazda6 Tourer SE-L NAV D 2.2litre diesel, started to have issue with mirrors unfolding when unlocking the car. This only happens intermittently (about 30% of the time) and I didn't figure out any pattern. Tried to disconnect/reconnected the main battery and respective fuses, also replaced the alarm remote battery as, but these made no difference.

Basically, when I press the unlock button on the alarm remote, both mirrors try to unfold (there is a small movement) but failed to do so. I can open the doors fine but the boot remains locked. When I open drivers door, the mirrors unfold straight away and the boot also unlocks. Please see the video of what exactly is happening here -

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wbd_cwyTPfm3JwVGGCLm92uPCWmgnjk4/view

It looks like something's wrong with the electrics.

Has anyone experienced the same/similar issue or know what the problem might be?

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

It's possible that it is any of these 3 issues listed in this TSB, depending on, if your Mazda falls under the VIN, and when it does.

Attachments

• 18R025C_repair procedure.pdf
    781.2 KB · Views: 212
  • R02518R02518 Mazda6 GL - Power Outer Mirror does not fold in.pdf
    727 KB · Views: 299
I had the same issue. I rectified it by spraying some wd40 behind the mirrors and between the gaps and loosened the motor by assisting the motor when it tries to fold and unfold.

If you keep spraying and assist the motor several times, the gears begin to loosen up.

Back