Mazda6 2014 H&R (or other) lowering springs?

magyar6

:
2014 Mazda6
Anyone know who has lowering springs available for the new 6? I saw H&R has them but they only sell through distributors, who don't have them listed as available yet. My 6 needs a drop in a bad a way.

cheap plug for my mom's business (cheers2)

http://www.natureall.com

Tirerack started selling the H&R springs. Check with them. In the meantime, I'm hunting down Pro-Parts for their coilover system.

As Monkee brought to light, those MZ6s equipped with the radar braking option may not take well to suspension lowering, as noted in the owner's manual (?). Just a thought...

Anyone know who has lowering springs available for the new 6? I saw H&R has them but they only sell through distributors, who don't have them listed as available yet. My 6 needs a drop in a bad a way.
http://www.natureall.com

I contacted H&R directly because I was not getting much help from the distributer in my area and they gave me the part number of 52634. Any distributer can order with that number. The one local to me was charging me $252 with a 4 week wait time and there was one of the sponsors that quoted me $310 shipped to my place in about two weeks.

Anyone actually lowered one? Any rubbing with H&R on the OEM wheel/tire set up with 19's? I'm tempted to wait until H&R releases spacers to put the wheel flush. Has anyone done this as well?

Anyone actually lowered one? Any rubbing with H&R on the OEM wheel/tire set up with 19's? I'm tempted to wait until H&R releases spacers to put the wheel flush. Has anyone done this as well?

I am about to order the springs. H&R told me that they do not have spacers for the new Mazda 6 yet. My question is, wouldn't the spacers be the same as the 2nd gen? The they are 114X5 like the 3rd gen. There may be a difference in thickness. I might have to see if any of my Nissan/Infiniti buddies have any spacers lying around that I can test as they have the same pattern as well.

Spacers should be universal. (well for the 5x114 bolt pattern specificly) I know one of the members makes them here on the forum.

I can see about getting these springs instock if you guys are interested. H&R also has Coilovers available.

Spacers should be universal. (well for the 5x114 bolt pattern specificly) I know one of the members makes them here on the forum.

I can see about getting these springs instock if you guys are interested. H&R also has Coilovers available.

Coilovers for the 2014? I haven't seen anything for them although I didn't ask either. Hmmmm sounds tempting. PM me a price if you have it. My wife would probably kill me though. As far as spacers go, I want hubcentric for sure. I will probably wait until I drop and then measure to see what the best fit would be. I need to probably get mud guards for sure if I go that route. So many things I want to do...tint, intake, etc. lol

Coilovers for the 2014? I haven't seen anything for them although I didn't ask either. Hmmmm sounds tempting. PM me a price if you have it. My wife would probably kill me though. As far as spacers go, I want hubcentric for sure. I will probably wait until I drop and then measure to see what the best fit would be. I need to probably get mud guards for sure if I go that route. So many things I want to do...tint, intake, etc. lol

I'd love to know, bc H&R said there could be hub size differences possibly not allowing older spacers to work. This is what I'm trying to find out, did the new MAzda6 change anything in regard to the hub size thus needing to wait for a release of a new Mazda6 2014 model set.

Spacers vs +1 tires

I am about to order the springs. H&R told me that they do not have spacers for the new Mazda 6 yet. My question is, wouldn't the spacers be the same as the 2nd gen? The they are 114X5 like the 3rd gen. There may be a difference in thickness. I might have to see if any of my Nissan/Infiniti buddies have any spacers lying around that I can test as they have the same pattern as well.

I would suggest looking into a 245-40R19 tire size for your next tire purchase instead of a spacer. I went up one tire size on my Mazda3 and it worked great, no interference of any kind. The 19 inch wheel and tire combination on the 6 look more than capable of accommodating a wider tire. The 245-40R19 is only a few 10ths smaller in diameter so will have minimal effect on MPG or speed (actual dimension change is 27.3 down to 27.03, so is 1/8" less in height, not an issue). Should look excellant as well.

my H&R springs are being installed right now as we speak. I'll update later tonight after i drive it around. My mechanic did say that spacers arent necessary with the stock setup and the H&R springs. I'll see how it drives and if there is any rubbing.

my H&R springs are being installed right now as we speak. I'll update later tonight after i drive it around. My mechanic did say that spacers arent necessary with the stock setup and the H&R springs. I'll see how it drives and if there is any rubbing.

Any updates? I would be interested in picks after and to see how the wheels sit to fender after the lowering.

If you guys can tell me how to upload a picture from a file, i can throw them on here for an idea of what you think of the springs.

If you guys can tell me how to upload a picture from a file, i can throw them on here for an idea of what you think of the springs.

Ok. Set up an account at a photo share site like photo bucket. Post your pics. Go to the web page where they are seen at to the public and either post the link using the icons or right click on the photo copy and paste the photo location and then paste the photo location I n using the insert photo Icon link.

Back